What if satan were to change?

by robhic 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sirona
    Sirona

LOL Funky you are right!

and to top it all off, those who supposedly follow Jehovah are mostly mentally and educationally challenged, unloving toward others and / or even child molesters. So Jehovah thinks he won? LOL

Sirona

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Robhic,

I'm afraid you're looking at things thru Dub eyes! Sure, what you state makes it sound a tad far-fetched, but then aren't you basing it upon the Dub interpretation of Revelation?

There are far different ideas on that book, do believe me, that are far more reasonable than the Dub version of events. Suppose for example, it refers allegorically to what had already taken place when Jesus triumphed over Satan and was resurrected?

Cheers, Ozzie

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Ozzie,

You are more advanced than others. Good post and thought process!

Mr. KIM

• robhic
    robhic

Ozzie sez:

Robhic,

I'm afraid you're looking at things thru Dub eyes! Sure, what you state makes it sound a tad far-fetched, but then aren't you basing it upon the Dub interpretation of Revelation?

There are far different ideas on that book, do believe me, that are far more reasonable than the Dub version of events. Suppose for example, it refers allegorically to what had already taken place when Jesus triumphed over Satan and was resurrected?

Oh no! I am not nor ever was a dub! You're scaring me. The fact that you can say I am looking at this thru one's eyes concerns me. Does it mean I am spending too much time absorbing the material and thoughts from these different forums?

I didn't realize I had taken a dub position. I, actually, was going from my memory. I thought most, if not all bibles, had jesus whipping satan's ass at armageddon and tossing him and his posse into the abyss in some form or another. Is this wrong?

I was just wondering why something that has been known and recorded for thousands of years couldn't be changed by a reasonably smart demon. If lucifer knew he would be beaten and thrown into a fiery abyss seems he'd change his tactics and thro wthe whole deal into a messs of world-class proportion! I know if I had the chance, I would!

Thanks for he heads up, too, I'll try to watch myself and how I view things in the future. Wouldn't my catholic teachers be proud of me?

Thanks, Ozzie,

Robert

• franklin J
    franklin J

Robhic,

I have often thought this myself.

I recently read a "fiction" novel by the author ANNE RICE ( The Vampire Chronicles) called MEMNOC THE DEVIL. Although is was fiction; it told the story of the Devil, from his point of view.

It turned the entire Christian framework on end and made you think of the Western culture God and Creation story from a very different perspective; namely the Devils. I found it fascinating and related to your question. Read it; you will enjoy the view.

Frank

• robhic
    robhic
    I recently read a "fiction" novel by the author ANNE RICE ( The Vampire Chronicles) called MEMNOC THE DEVIL. Although is was fiction; it told the story of the Devil, from his point of view.

It turned the entire Christian framework on end and made you think of the Western culture God and Creation story from a very different perspective; namely the Devils. I found it fascinating and related to your question. Read it; you will enjoy the view.

Thanks. I read a lot so this would be a good addition to my reading list. Sounds interesting, although I hate to think of reading something from the person who wrote that piffle "vampire" stuff! I'll have to get that book.

Thanks again,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit