What if satan were to change?

by robhic 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• robhic
    robhic

I was wondering how this part of the bible can be taken seriously. For thousand of years, it has been written down that satan will be thrown into the abyss along with his minions. OK, so how incredibly stupid (is there even a limit?) does someone have to be to know something is going to happen to them (for 1000's of years no less...) and not change his plan?

If I knew a cop was around a corner and was going to ticket me for speeding, would I not slow down? If a burglar had taken out an ad in a newspaper saying that he was going to break into my house "soon" or "in a time very near" would I not take steps to prevent this?

It just seems silly that the battle of armageddon's outcome has been "known" (supposedly) for all this time yet nobody gives satan the credit to be smart enough to read the story! If he's that stupid, what's to be afraid of?

And what if Jesus had been freed instead of Barabbas? Besides Mel Gibson not having to make his latest movie and stir everyone up, how screwed up would the biblical world be? In my opinion, it seems that all of organized religion would never have come to be.

I'm sure some enterprising person would have eventually figured out another way to control bunches of people thru fear but that sure would have thrown a big monkey-wrench into things until this day, wouldn't it? Am I completely off-base with these musings?

I know this sounds a bit silly but it interests and amuses me.

Robert

• yxl1
    yxl1

Ha! This always used to make me chuckle. If satan knew he was going to be defeated, then why not just do something about it? I mean, he CAN change. He was an angel, and then decided not to be. Whats stopping him from changing back. "Sorry god, but I really f*&ked up. Any chance of letting me back in?" He's either very stupid, or doesnt exist. I know where I stand on the matter.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The Bible makes specific prophesies about Satan's actions leading up to the end. He must do certain things in order for the Bible to be correct.

Now, Satan can read, so he obviously knows what is said about him. All he has to do is act differently, thereby proving God to be a liar. Satan then wins the universal arguement.

The Bible has more holes than swiss cheese.

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

You're forgetting one thing. Pride and stubborness can make many do things that are obviously stupid. Being that Satan was a perfect angel, he could not use the excuse that many use today. But thinking about your analysis, I am reminded of Iraq's former dictator Hussein. He knew he could never win a war against the US, but why did he keep at it? Because he was stupid? Maybe, but the reality is that the guy is smart, of course using his brains for evil instead of good. People are just blinded sometimes by their own pride and power, same thing has happened to our enemy, Satan.

• kls
    kls

SOJ, sounds like an organization we know.

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

So does this mean the course of our life is predestined

• avishai
    avishai

What if they had an Armaggedonand nobody showed up?

• robhic
    robhic

Sword of Jah says:

But thinking about your analysis, I am reminded of Iraq's former dictator Hussein. He knew he could never win a war against the US, but why did he keep at it? Because he was stupid? Maybe, but the reality is that the guy is smart, of course using his brains for evil instead of good.

I don't disagree with this comment but I think the situations are substantially different. No one described in detail exactly how the US would capture Hussein and more-or-less beat his country into submission years and years before Saddam came to power or was even born, for that matter.

Seems to me that Satan was tipped off way in advance and his conqueror is supposedly a much more formidable opponent than the puny little US and its armies and allies. Satan's destiny has been pre-ordained since, well, since forever, according to the bible. Is satan more prideful than smart? If he is just an over-confident windbag why is he reputed to be so dangerous? Seems like a reasonably smart person could thwart him by playing to his ego. Doesn't sound so tough to me...

Robert

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Interesting. "IF" is one of the biggest words in the English language. The possibilities and scenarios are endless-almost. However, what is written down -- for OUR benefit -- shall come to pass without fail or transgression.

Trying to put this in human terms:

The future in this case has apparently already been written. Satan WAS perfect. A "perfect" being is judged differently than a being that is not in a sovereign state of perfection. Satan sinned. The penalty for sin is death. Satan has already been judged by Jehovah. Satan's punishment will be carried out in God's own time. The bottom line is that Satan will die and be permanently destroyed. Until then, he and his followers shall carry out fulfillment of any prophecy that applies to him (Satan) and his minions and shall continue to test Mankind.

Mr KIM

• metatron
    metatron

Oh good! Another opportunity to show how idiotic Watchtower doctrine is!

The whole concept of Satan in prophecy is stupid because the Devil can easily disprove

Bible prophecy by his actions. He could refuse to persecute anyone and refuse to

attack anybody as Gog of Magog - and , as long as you're using Saddam Hussein

as an example, he completely reversed course, to the consternation of the US, allowing

whatever inspections or overflights were requested. Satan can do the same.

If Satan leads this world, surely he knows what being "on strike" means!

He sits on his hands - and the Watchtower is, once again, proved to be a fase

prophet.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit