Can you remember some of the good things brother and sisters did for you?

by LyinEyes 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I was reading the thread about assembly food and was hit with a good feeling,,,,,,,remember the brother that gave up his sandwich so my young son could have something to eat. I know there has been so many things that I gripe about that so many of the bro. and sis. did,,,,but there were alot of good things they did too.

There were/are alot of good hearted people left in the organization, I hope they see the light of what that religion is really all about. Alot of the rank and file do not see the goings on behinds the scene , of what the higher ups are up too.

I remember a mother and daughter in our congregation , who brought full course meals to my house when I had my daughter, for two days they did this. Funny thing , that stands out in my mind is they were not "spiritually strong" according to the elders. Even so,,,,,they took time out of their lives to help me out. I guess the pioneers were too busy, getting that time in , than to help their own ya know.

There were many little things , that meant so much to me that many did thru the years,,,,,and I do miss seeing many of the ones I grew up with. Especially the old timers,,,,,I wonder if they are still alive? They were always so sweet and humble,,,,,,,,,for these I will not forget the good things about them .

• dustyb
    dustyb

there's a few things that i see. there's always one brother that believes in me and is there anytime i need some help. this is the same brother that has huge get togethers which are usually always pretty fun. he always has HUGE hayrides on his 300 acre farm(where he hitches a massive bulldozer trailer onto a huge front loader). he cooks for everybody and had everything else to ride. he's really a good guy. i also like the old ladies at the congregation because they're really good gals'. they've known me ever since i was in diapers and are very friendly. there's just an occasional elder that you KNOW is fake, and all he wants is the power. they are the ones that ruin it for everyone. i wouldn't mind the whole thing if they started all over and just taught the bible...oh ya, thats what they already think they're doing.....

• moses
    moses

Yes I can say that when I was younger the brothers and sisters did all they could to help us the elderly also were very nice,my mom was a single mom so we were the fatherless children and I think everyone did the best they could to help us with rides to the meetings and association.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes I can ! Brother Earnie Heisterman( rich brother) we were very poor. My hubby was a janitor.. I had four kids. Never went on a holiday -couldnt afford it. Well Bro H had a lovely county home on Lake Minerva... In Quebec. Told me to bring my unbelieving hubby, unbelieving son, my JW daughter & two Pioneers ( girls) from our Kingdom Hall for the Sat- to visit him & his family there & to bring enough clothes to stay the week.When they would be going home !! Which we did,Unfortunatly my son ( who was a diabetic) was offered a beer by Ernie ( my son had not eaten ) I said No !he cant have one! & was chastized by the Elder Father of Ernie. To let my son make up his Own mind...My son was about 21 at the time.... Of course he took two beers. While we were preparing lunch- the Brothers suggested they go for a swim.... I knew he should NOT go until he had eaten.... But he went & jumped in the water & went unconscience.... He came around after awhile, but had to go back to Montreal with the Heistermans. as They insisted I stay with the rest of the ones I brought...Lovely home ,lovely people, rotten holiday for me.........My son is dead now ( many years later though) But it was a very kind act of the Heistermans .... I will always remember them ( Mrs H is also dead now. !!!!Sorry for the long post dont have to read it though////

• sandy
    sandy

I was a small child when the congregation members provided my family with 3 weeks worth of groceries when my father was laid off of work.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I read all of it Mouthy and that was a scarey time for you I am sure. That was kind of that brother to do that for you. I bet you probably had tears in your eyes when he offered that to you.

I was always a believer in the "brotherhood", I would get such a special feeling when I went to the conventions and at the end they would sing a certain song and everyone had tears in their eyes. We all knew that we wouldnt see each other for along time.

For many of us that was the only vacations we had . So we always made the best out of it, meeting early to get together with friends, site seeing, and even thou told not to stay up too late, so we would be refreshed,,,,,,,,we did anyway.

I many have lost the JW brotherhood,,,,,,,,,and that saddens me still, when I think of the good ones that are still in it,,,,,,, but this place has filled that void and then some in my heart.

I find I still have the brotherhood I loved so much, right here.

I would venture to say that most who read this post or reply to the good things that someone done for them,,,,,,,are the ones who did for others to a great degree. That is the way I see most everyone on this site, peeps who probably did so much more, more giving of themselves than they received.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes Lyingeyes Your right. I must say I miss all my wonderful friends I had in the "lie" We used to have a lot of laughs together. I just wish they will able to talk to me before I die. I was cleaning out my files yesterday & came across a real funny card one of my favorite "sisters" sent me. On the front is a Ugly OLD woman all wrinkled ,& Haggard above her picture it read "What's My Secret?" open it up it says "Oil of ol'age" Whats yours? In it she says To My Dearest Friend Grace!! Then goes on to tell me I am the only one in the many friends we had that would get a laugh from it...I am photocoping it & sending it to her -she hasnt spoken to me since 1987 when I was DF....Just to ask does she still consider me her dearest friend????/

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Yep, there are numerous things that some genuine loving ones have done for me.

I hope that they wake up some day.

It'd be nice to hang with them again.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Wow Grace, I dont know what it is about today, but so many things you dear folks are saying are bringing tears to my eyes. I think it is so sad that this sister probably misses you as much as you do her,,,,,,,the rank and file have to do what they are told . I bet she would be glad to hear from you, even if she doesnt reply back,,,,,,,,,you know that fear factor is strong ,,,,,,,,she will secretly be missing you and remembering the laughs ya'll had.

I just wish they will able to talk to me before I die.

I love ya Granny, what a heart , you have. And don't go kicking that bucket anytime soon,,,,,keep on with the "Oil of Ol' age" seems to be working......., you are one fiesty lady.

• mouthy
    mouthy

((((((((((((((((((Hugs Hard!!!!! Lyingeyes...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit