Things that really bothered you.....

by bakedmonkeepie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

Octavia,

we must have been looking at different elders wives. Some i've seen were pretty scary.

I see u are a newbie, just want to say welcome to the board.

oh, and i bet some of those elders were getting BJ"s and just not telling. a sister a few years younger than me used to come to the KH sunday am and sh'ed tell me that her elder hubby had "just worked her over" and she had no orfices left unplundered.She said she felt guilty "doing it" right before a meeting, seem dirty. She cracked me up.

But seriously, the elders go too far in the JC meetings

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

The thing I always found most idiotic was the way males and females were made to keep separate. Like if a brother were to offer me a ride when I was walking home, I was not allowed to accept unless there were others in the car with him. God forbid we ride in a car together alone.

It bugged me because it pretty much meant that I could not have male friends, and I've always been so much more comfortable with men than with women. So, I had to be pretty sneaky if I were to have a guy friend, and that sets up such a wierd dynamic, very uncomfortable.

Don't even get me started on having to bring a chaperone on my dates! I rarely ever did, 'cause the big slurpy kiss I got when Brother Hottie dropped me off was the most excitement I got all week, and chaperones really put the kibosh on that!

• orbison11
    orbison11

My x and i were the only jw's on either side. When my father died, not one person, other than the lady i studied with and a crazy sister, came to offer their condolences.

An elder's wife also had her father die around the same time. All the sister's took terns rotating their suppers they would bring to her family for a whole month (her father was an elder in Nova Scotia area) as she was so sad.

I was so heart stricken I still remember it to this day:(

wendy

• frogit
    frogit
    like myself, who were wearing skimpy dresses, spaghetti straps, etc.... I was thinking "Has the assembly turned into a fashion show and mating call?"....

Wish I could have gone to your Assembly all I saw was older hat wearing women (smelling of moth balls) and Men..

frogit

• Puternut
    Puternut

The things that really bothered me, was when some sisters would walk in the hall and had a skirt on with a long slit up the back. Or low cut dresses that would show cleavage. They did this to hypnotize me.

My eyes would wander, and I just couldn't concentrate on the talks.

I won't discuss some of the intoxicating parfumes.

• Jahna
    Jahna

I can relate with you Wendy. When I was pregnant with my second child I almost lost her and was placed on complete bed rest. One sister came over once a week to clean for the book study I had in my house and that was all. I was left alone with my toddler and a bed, not to mention we lived in the country. My mother in law had some back problems and all the sisters were there canning for her! Thanks a lot kind congregation. It was the beginning of the end for me, I will never forget that treatment, for as long as I live. For several years after this when I read about the loving brotherhood found in the congregation ect in the Watchtower ect, all I could do was cry. Jahna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit