Remember Dateline??

by Joyzabel 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Most of it was very hush hush. People are afraid to admit the truth. Which is why I am no longer a jw.

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

Silly question perhaps and sorry if it was already answered but is there anywhere online to get a copy of that particular Dateline episode? I've heard a lot about it and the subject touches close to home for me.

By the time that Dateline episode aired I had already been out of the borg for around half a decade. But all my immediate family are still in. Anybody know where I can find a copy?

• Odrade
    Odrade

I really wish the Dateline show would re-air with an update. Has anyone heard ANYTHING in the USA about media coverage of this on-going battle?

And FWIW, the "Beware the Voice of Strangers" talk was NOT a manuscript talk. There are no variations allowed from the script in those cases. Usually the Keynote address and the Public Talk are manuscripts. The "Beware" talk was an outline and seems to have been tailored regionally and influenced by the JW politics of the individual speaker. I've heard 3 different versions in entirety, and all three were somewhat different. The version that we transcribed for posting on this board was by far the most radical and inflammatory of the three, so I'm glad we have a copy. It should also be reiterated that this talk would have to have been approved by not only the C.O., but the D.O. and possible the Convention Coordinator (or Overseer--whatever they are calling it these days,) as for a convention talk there are at least two full walk-throughs required for approval before presentation, with the exception of the Special Delegate Speaker from the WTS.

Odrade

• willyloman
    willyloman

In fact, in one congregation in a local circuit, eight publishers were very shaken just a few months ago, because of watching an apostate-promoted TV documentary. And this was in spite of the fact that, that very week, the elders had set aside ten minutes of the service meeting, a couple of days before the documentary was aired, to warn the brothers that it was going to be on, and they used material from the Faithful and Discreet Slave to help them to see why it would be dangerous to watch it.

This is classic mind control at work.

I know of two elders who resigned because of the program.

Make that three, although it took me a while.

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

My brother watched it and said the people were obviously apostates. Why the girl Erica was wearing a cross and her boyfriend/husband? had a beard or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit