Just Offended A JW Cart Witness Without Even Trying

by pale.emperor 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

On my way into town from my office. Two carts set up a few feet from each other. One manned by a man and woman (i assume they're a couple) in their late 30s.

The guys walks off to the other cart as im walking by, i wasn't going to approach but the woman holding the Awake! mags smiles and said hello. I said hello and ended up stopping and took the mag (give her day a boost by putting 1 mag on her report slip).

This woman would not stop talking. Man, i was expecting a secret TV crew to be filming a joke on me or something. She went over the bible being inspired, the world is evil, we need direction, we need Jehovah, other religions dont do this etc etc. Thankfully the man came back and interrupted.

I tried to keep it short and polite and said "im an atheist, i dont like that the bible condones slavery..."

The man became offended and quite annoyed in his tone "slavery? Where does the bible condone slavery?"

I said "have you read the bible?"

He flipped out "yes i've read the bible, i've studied to for 20 years. Have you?!!"

I said i studied it for 32 years :) I asked him who Hagar was? She wasnt Abrahams wife. He said "she was a servent. Anyone's allowed to have a servent". I asked if she was paid, and who was the father of her child Ishamel.

The woman interrupted and said it was different back then.

The man told her "i was talking there, do you mind?" she backed away.

Then followed a monologue of how "the truth™" has changed his life and he could be earning money but instead he's living "the best life ever™".

I asked him "compared to what?"

He said compared to what everyone else has. I told him he cant possibly know what everyone else has, or what they want or what they consider to be "the best".

He shut down the conversation. The woman gave me the Bible Teach book (i put it in the nearest public bin).

As i walked away i heard him say to the woman "that's an example of what i mean, i was talking and you..." the rest was inaudible as i walked on.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

As i walked away i heard him say to the woman "that's an example of what i mean, i was talking and you..." the rest was inaudible as i walked on.

LOL! That could be a scene from a cheesy sitcom. I hope you fully recover from the event :-)

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

That woman would SO be filing for divorce if they weren't JWs. That asshole sounds like an insecure prick to be so petty about asserting his masculinity and dominance.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In light that Jehovah's people did condone and approve of slavery,

The killing of people who were not of their tribe or civilization.

The killing of children who brought dishonor to their parents

The availability of rapists toward buying the women who they raped

The stoning to death of people who opposed the authority of the high priests

Yes Jehovah's chosen people were quite virtuous to emulate their social behavior and the JWS religion trying to do so makes all the sense.

All modern day civilizations should revert back the ancient Hebrew civilization for moral guidance .

• sir82
    sir82

They didn't happen to look like these folks, did they?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Then followed a monologue of how "the truth™" has changed his life and he could be earning money but instead he's living "the best life ever™".

Somebody will be out soon enough.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

The guy sounded like a right douche bag

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Typical jehovah's witness slaves out there because if not they lose their precious privileges in the congregation and accompanying clout with it. Oh yeah, and they'll also lose out on everlasting life in paradise.

As Gerrit Losch would say: Get out there and earn that salvation you peasants!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Even with my JW hat on, I believe this guy was rude and condescending with his wife.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    As i walked away i heard him say to the woman "that's an example of what i mean, i was talking and you..."

How very kind and loving of him, to chastise her, especially as it seems he interrupted her right before.

Even if compelled to comment on being interrupted, not very discreet as this was within hearing range of the person they were trying to convert, and probably other bystanders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit