When You See A JW Approaching What Are Your Thoughts?

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I used to get a weird feeling in my stomach when I would see a Witness approaching.... almost a sense of dread.

Now, I really don’t care. I have even made it a point to do The approaching when I see a Witness trying to convert an ignorant person.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Same thing a feeling of dread but at the same time kinda a feeling of pity. These people are so arrogant yet so ignorant.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Some I"m happy to see.

But those diehard ones that are going to try to twist my arm to "come back before you die", I try to avoid.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

My heart starts racing but i smile coz I'm happy not to be part of the cult anymore and want them to see you can be happy not being a jw. Wish i could go tell them to free themselves and enjoy what they have left of their lives.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

They are extremely flighty at the door...so I want to encourage them to come inside and talk. However, it seems they either have someone waiting in the car for them or a "study" appointment to go to.

My standard approach at the door is to listen to their message...then ask them how they became Christians...and I follow that with my testimony in Christ. I let them know that I am open to study the Bible with them.

• minimus
    minimus

I have not seen a Jehovah’s Witness come to my door in over 12 years

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Oh! Owe!

All they want is to work to help joke-hova to enslave the whole world, and they will stop at nothing to that end.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

In addition to the comments above, if I see one that I know, I make sure I convey a happy, positive and pleasant demeanor. This negates the spin that the Society tries to tell them, "that everyone who leaves 'the truth' is unhappy or bitter"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As I drive, I see them all the time doing the door-to-door and sometimes I see them with their carts. I don't approach them.

The main thing is that I feel pity that they are slaving so much for something so worthless.

• Outahere
    Outahere

It would bother me when I first left. Not any more. They don't bother me. Always treat them nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit