Can anyone name a single incident when bethel has fed the poor ever ?

by Chook 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

Charity is lacking from the house of god. I remember reading once about some young pioneer sisters who needed emergency accommodation and where turn away from Brooklyn because they weren’t special pioneers. Charity begins at home.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What`s that scripture that if you see your bro/sis in dire straights but you don` t help them in any way and just say words to the effect go in peace ?

Charity and Jehovah`s Witnesses are not two statements that go together .

Jehovah`s Witnesses have never and will never be charitable to the world and why would they ?

They believe the world lies in the power of the wicked one Satan the Devil so if they support the world in any way they are supporting Satan the Devil .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't know of any incidents of this. When I was a lil' Jobo-head, I thought that instances of fellow Jobo-heads helping others WAS help from the WBT$. I was confused. My dad (RIP), used to give money to the homeless despite being an elder.

The WBT$ rock star pope leaders only want money and luxury for themselves and their like minded perverts.

TOMO, rubber face, piggy Sanderson and co will NEVER help others. That's my prediction.

Watchtower 2017 May p.7
    "Like the neighborly Samaritan in Jesus’ illustration, we want to help suffering people, including those who are not Witnesses. (Luke 10:33-37) The best way to do so is by sharing the good news with them. “It is important to make clear right away that we are Jehovah’s Witnesses and that our primary mission is to help them spiritually, not materially,” notes an elder who has helped many refugees. “Otherwise, some may associate with us only for personal advantage.”"
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

“Otherwise, some may associate with us only for personal advantage.”" What the hell do they think all these converts are there for? For the personal advantage of not being slaughtered by Jeheebie in the big "A".

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I am reliably informed that the Venezuela branch is providing food parcels to the needy but only the flock. This is being supported by funds from Brooklyn/Warwick. The activity is on quite a big scale, the country is starving and the stories coming out are dire.

I am a bit shocked by this, I have never heard of this being done else where. Wait for the self congratulatory item on the monthly broadcast.

• careful
    careful

I doubt this is what you are looking for, but once while I was pioneering and thus very poor, I visited Brooklyn Bethel and they fed me. It was my first dose of how crazy meals were there. Everybody had to wolf down the food and far more time was spent not eating (2 prayers, "discussion" of the daily text) than eating. I also once had a bro. living with me who had just left Bethel service. They guy would still gobble down his food at great speed and to him mealtimes were not a time to relax. He had no idea of the concept of enjoying food. It was truly sad.

I guess things have now changed in that regard, and that's good. For years it's been amazing to me how L-O-N-G it takes the WT leadership to learn something so obvious to others. They are especially so duhhh. Dump the pyramids, accept vaccinations, take certain scriptures at face value (Rom. 13:1, John 17:3), get rid of the crazy view of the ancient Hebrew verbal system (= proceeded to ___), accept alternative civilian civic service in lieu of military service, ENJOY A MEAL at headquarters, on and on the list can go. Who knows? Maybe one day they'll even admit that Jesus died on a cross or that the GB makes mistakes!

Wait a minute—am I dreaming?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Every day, every minute, the watchtower feeds the poor, spiritual food (i.e. bullshit)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well careful, it won't happen unless people try to make it happen. I would add to your list, blood, shunning, university education, and so on.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Sad experience, but when I was there I worked in the recycling department in the office complex. Every single meal there would be at least 10 to 15 of those 50 GALLON CANS of untouched and unused prepared food that would be thrown straight in the trash.

Funny enough a bunch of people would come down after the meals and take huge portion s of cinnamon buns and other items that were tasty because they didn't want to appear glu think is by taking it in front of everyone else...

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

WT HQ, Masters of the scripture,

"Go forth, be warm and well fed.............."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit