Circuit overseer seminar

by IT Support 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xena
    Xena
    Yea, Americans do it all the time. If it's Tuesday, this must be Scotland, yesterday was Ireland and we're doing England tomorrow

lol welllll considering they could all fit in the state of Texas where I live BTW sorry for hyjacking your thread like this

It's a bit of a cattle market at the weekends... I wonder if you were browsing!

I went around noonish for a bit....I wouldn't mind going back sometime though and browsing the lovely scottish lads...perhaps with yourself, Gadget & LT????

• no one
    no one

Xena:

I wouldn't mind going back sometime though and browsing the lovely scottish lads...

Body surfing in Scotland!!! Who'd a thought?

• scotsman
    scotsman

My mother's recently been to London Bethel. According to her friends there the C.O. seminar is 75% MTS stuff. As to the rest... she doesn't know. It's in three parts and the C.O.s from Scotland wont be going until the autumn.

As he's been mentioned before, other UK members may be interested/sad to know that David Carter, formerly a District Overseer, died last week. An end to 50 years of full time service. He was 65.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

The period of time does seem long for just a refresher course.

Even if 75% - 90% of the material is a rehash, that still leaves 10% - 25% of the remaining material to be something new.

For groundbreaking news, the tactic to bury the 10% of new material within the remaining 90% stale info is a tried and true method of the WTS.

Just look at how the WTS does this in the Sunday meeting study articles.

No one is being deleted.

Simon

Dammit, Simon!! I wasn't even involved.

no one

ROFLMAO!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gadget:
    You should try the six nipples, ermm, I mean the Three Sisters, in the old Quarter. There are plenty of clubs in that area, too.

Next time we get a chance, we are gonna have to paaaaarty!!!

Scotsman:
    Carter was a big man (in every sense of the word).
    I still recall when he would ask questions at the Circuit Assembly, until the society put out a message to the effect that that shouldn't be done.
    He was one of the characters.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Next time we get a chance, we are gonna have to paaaaarty!!!

Well, I'm in Edinburgh this weekend if your interested..........

I don't remember many of of the CO/DO's from when I was growing up, but I always remembered David Carter as a really nice bloke who always gave good talks.

• caspian
    caspian

Yeah David Carter was our CO in the Leeds Circuit about 4 years ago, before that he had been on the District for over 25 years or so.

His 1st wife only died 5 years ago from cancer, he gets remarried two and a half years later and then he dies of cancer, quite a sad story really.

as Ross said he was one of the characters...on the road

• Valis
    Valis
    So do I: though January (Robert Burns' birthday)

my mom's family is related to him..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "this and a that" class

• IT Support
    IT Support

Hi Scotsman,

According to her friends there the C.O. seminar is 75% MTS stuff.

Even so, that's still 25%, two weeks, of new stuff...

David Carter, formerly a District Overseer, died last week.

I didn't know him well, but he seemed to be one of the 'good guys.' Was that actually the case?

Regards,

Ken

PS: I haven't been ignoring your email, I'm just home after being away for a few days, so I've still got loads of catching up to do...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit