Circuit overseer seminar

by IT Support 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IT Support
    IT Support
    OK, Scottish person, you're doing fine.

So, you think this is "fine"? <Just kidding!>

I suppose asking you to sing "Swing low sweet chariot" would be a little too much?

Try me, after a few pints of 80/-. You're buying, of course...

On the other hand, it would probably come out to the tune of "Flower of Scotland"!

Once went to an assembly at Murrayfield..1965 I recall.

And never been back since, eh?!!

I think that one convention did more damage to the Scottish tourist industry than anything else in history.

Thanks,

Ken

• IT Support
    IT Support

Hey, Xena,

ROFL love that story!

Thanks. I just wasn't too sure if was too risque for the sensitive souls here.

I visited Scotland this past year too....beautiful country

Great, I hope you enjoyed it. Where did you visit?

Regards,

Ken

• Digger
    Digger

Ken I have sent you a message.

• no one
    no one
    No one is being deleted.

Dammit, Simon!! I wasn't even involved.

• IT Support
    IT Support
    "Swing low sweet chariot"

Wrong continent - do you mean "Amazing Grace", the Highland Hymn?

Sorry, LittleToe, wrong game! The Englishman's going on about his oval balls...

Regards,

Ken

• IT Support
    IT Support

Craig,

I've been a bit cranky lately.

No kidding!

Hope you're having a better day today.

No hard feelings.

Regards,

Ken

• Xena
    Xena
    Great, I hope you enjoyed it. Where did you visit?

Inverness, Edinburgh and Glasgow....unfortunately I wasn't there as long as I would have liked but was impressed with the little I did see! I'm hoping to go back and visit again someday

PS I love haggis

• scotsman
    scotsman

Xena

I hope Edinburgh surpassed the other two!

• IT Support
    IT Support

Hi Xena,

Inverness, Edinburgh and Glasgow ....unfortunately I wasn't there as long as I would have liked but was impressed with the little I did see!

What do you mean, "with the little I did see"? If you've been to Inverness, Edinburgh and Glasgow, you've done it all. There's nothing else left to see!

Just kidding! Though personally I prefer to get out of the cities as quickly as possible and into the countryside...

I'm hoping to go back and visit again someday

Let me know when, and come for a meal.

PS I love haggis

So do I: though January (Robert Burns' birthday) is the traditional time of the year for them. The young are born in spring, so by January they're grown up a bit, but still fresh and succulent and juicy.

If you had it in summer, they would have been older and so possibly a bit drier...

Take care,

Ken

• Xena
    Xena

lol scotsman I don't know about being better, but I have to say the view from Edinburgh castle was certainly exceptional! I also went to a cool pub there...Frankensteins, have you ever been?

IT I did see a lot I know, just didn't get to linger. Actually I was able to drive from Inverness around Loch Ness to Glasgow & Edinburgh so I saw quite a bit of the countryside...there was one area in particular I remember where there was a valley with a mist over it and water cascading down the mountains all around us...it had to be one of the most beautiful spots I have ever seen. Ya'll are lucky to live somewhere with so much beauty around you!

I was there in May...not quite summer so maybe I lucked out and got some good haggis...the neeps & tatties were quite nice too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit