For all JW's: Stop calling others "apostates."

by BoogerMan 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

If you don't want to be thrown into Gehenna, read what your own faithful evil slave & Christ say:

cj chap. 3 p. 110 Chapter 3 - "Jesus Christ said: “Whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ (apostate) will be liable to the fiery Gehenna.” (Matt. 5:22) The person who wrongly condemned his brother as a “despicable fool,” (apostate) that is, as being morally worthless, would be in great danger of such a serious consequence. This is because he would be viewing his brother as deserving the judgment of Gehenna, or hoping that his brother would suffer that judgment. In his heart he would be desiring this for his brother and, therefore, would be putting himself in line for the punishment he wished for the one whom he was calling a “despicable fool.” (apostate)

w78 4/15 p. 22 - "Jesus then went a step farther, saying: “Whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ (apostate) will be liable to the fiery Gehenna.” (Matt. 5:22c) The Greek word rendered “you despicable fool” is mōré. A similar-sounding Hebrew term (moreh) means “rebellious,” “mutinous”...mōré designates one as morally worthless, an apostate and rebel against God."

Heresy is any belief or theory that is strongly at variance with established beliefs or customs, particularly the accepted beliefs/religious law of a religious organization. (A heretic disagrees with one or more teachings of the religious hierarchy)

Apostasy is the term used to describe the renunciation and criticism of, or opposition to, a person's former religion. (An apostate completely abandons their religion and openly denounces it)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I kinda thought some here wore that title like a badge of honor.

Other ways to say "I don't know"

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

We are called Apostates. Jw's should be called Brain Dead Drones or Idiots.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

When you call yourself it, it's a badge of honour. When someone else calls you it, it's an insult.

Besides, the people on here aren't apostates. That's the Watchtower's designation, and like everything else of theirs, it's wrong. Watchtower definitions don't carry any weight here.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

When JWs call someone an apostate it's mainly just name calling. The great majority of JWs couldn't begin to show you what a genuine apostate is from the Bible itself.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The great majority of JWs couldn't begin to show you what a genuine apostate is from the Bible itself.

Well that's it. They're mostly apostates themselves.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    NotFormer: Besides, the people on here aren't apostates.

Speak for yourself, I'm a proud apostate.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree with Notformer's sentiment, JW's and the org itself particularly use "Apostate" as a demonising "Trigger" word.

Strictly speaking an Apostate according to the Dictionary is someone who is " a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle."

But the Bible is specific as to how early Christians defined an Apostate, i.e someone who denies the Christ, not merely someone who leaves their group.

On two separate visits many months apart, the same two Elders tried to trap me in to saying something so they could DF me for Apostasy, by asking the "Loyalty question" several times, I did not fall for it, and never got another visit.

But regardless of the truth about my beliefs or reason for leaving, I was labelled an Apostate, and became a "Do not call", thankfully. One old "sister" told me an Elder had warned her not to talk to me because I would "destroy her faith ", LOL, what a weak faith ! if they had "the truth" it would withstand any challenge.

But that demonising trigger word works well for the org. Mind Control at its Finest.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

nicolaou: "Speak for yourself, I'm a proud apostate."

You're not an apostate, you're a very naughty boy! 🤣

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The word serves its purpose for the WTS, since I can remember that the one label every JW took seriously was 'apostate.' "So-and-so is an apostate" would keep you on the alert for that person so you could avoid them at all cost, lest you get the most severe case of cooties ever.

Now? I don't care. I am an apostate in their eyes --or I will be, if they ever bother to ask-- but what meaning does that have, now? I can live with their judgment --I did the same myself, after all-- and I don't have to worry about the judgment of a nonexistent deity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit