For all JW's: Stop calling others "apostates."

by BoogerMan 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

yep--i was denounced as an apostate at their meeting ( i wasnt there ). I didnt know what they meant--but found--in reality--i was finally free of the cult. No more pointless waste of time meetings ( to appease the born in wife ) The truth had set me free! Thank you god X

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

What they fail to say is that mostly, folks who are called apostate, to a jw it means they have left Jehovah and Jesus and the holy spirit. Well they are wrong in that, because they just left an organization that has blackwashed all that with their lies. If a person wakes up the only thing applying to them is, they left a massive control organization that USES God, Jesus and holy spirit to their dirty end. I am sure people who have seen the light still have their own connection to God. That is the biggest thing they can't take away but this org has the dermerity to say all who leave are apostates. The label is to keep the flock from engaging.

• Vanderhoven7
  • Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    An apostate completely abandons their religion and openly denounces it

That’s the whole point. 😂

I’m definitely an apostate.

I’m not sure you thought through your post.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Now, if they start calling me a supporter, I will be worried. I might even get an attorney.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I am sure many so called apostates haven't left God, but rather JWorg...but the rank and file have it pounded into their heads that the apostates have left Jehovah and therefore are on fit for death. "come back to Jehovah"...what a laugh! the r and f don't know the difference between God Almighty and a publishing company.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Many good points.

The word ‘apostate’ never meant much to me. I was technically an ‘apostate’ 🙄 when I became a Witness because I was raised Roman Catholic.

I have read of other religions using this word. If Jehovah’s Witnesses were more educated as a group and actually read books, this word would have no power over them.. These morons act like it means the ‘Boogie man’. They are so eager to shun or call people names.

This is why I have no pity for those over-righteous rank & file Witnesses who are somewhat upset at having the rug pulled out from under them with all the religion’s recent changes - and those changes that are probably yet to come!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

The Watchtower's mission is to turn followers of every other religion into apostates, by convincing them to turn away from their beliefs and dedicate themselves to the Watchtower Society.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

They define an apostate as someone who opposes the organization, which is why they describe them as "opposers." They also use the term loosely, to describe anyone who leaves without being DF, especially if they then join another religion (or reject religion entirely).

Basically, an apostate is someone who was a JW and left of their own accord (or was removed for 'opposing' the org). If you believe that they are wrong, being labeled doesn't mean anything.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    TonusOH - “…If you believe that they are wrong, being labeled doesn't mean anything.”

I can take that a step further.

If you believe that they’re wrong when they label you an apostate…

…that fact alone technically makes you an apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit