Did you know you can be df for

by mouthy 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Roybatty for clearing that up.... Proof is always good to know....Your the proof....Thanks again

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Thanks Roybatty for clearing that up.... Proof is always good to know....Your the proof....Thanks again

No problem. One of the things both committees did was pull out old articles about the YMCA. Like something back in 1930's or so when they were known for helping people but also doing religious services. Of course, everyone knows that today the Y is basically a place for families to come and workout or kids can play sports. Anyway, I asking the "brothers" if the WT Society is the same as it was oh, 10 20 or 30 years ago? I just got stupid looks and silence. I then asked them "why don't you stop by the YMCA. See if you can even find ONE poster that has anything to do with religion." The CO "Oh, how would that look if fellow brothers and sisters say us walking into a YMCA?" Ug! lol. Anyway, in my area the local YMCA is a GREAT orginization. It helps kids learn valuable lessons via team sports. Thru the Y I've been privledged to lend a helping had to tomorrow's leaders. Some are just average kids from average familes that come to the Y to play sports, other are kids that come from foster homes and need a good adult mentor. It's also good place for adults to come and play sports. It also helps with people that need a helping hand (food banks and such) and many, MANY other good activites. The YMCA is everything the WT claims to be, well, almost everything. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit