Did you know you can be df for

by mouthy 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

Attending the Y.M.C.A & the Y.WC.A. ???? I knew this years ago. But a couple just leaving didnt know this- & they have been JWs since 1944.. Does differant countries have differant DF rules. ??? I was in Montreal. This couple came from England. I would like to know

• LDH
    LDH

Hi Mouthy, I didn't know about the df but in our small town in Upstate NY there was a YMCA, one of only two community recreation centers, and we weren't allowed to go. No JW family that was 'strong' in the truth went.

Of course, as luck would have it, the other community center was name after a black educator and activist so we weren't allowed to go there either. LOL!!!

Lisa

Color me not razzle-dazzled Class

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Why? Is it because of the gay overtones of the YMCA song by the village people?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Wb Lisa.
    How's it going?
    I've missed seeing ya around here!!!

Were you on a cruise with Farkel?
    He's just resurfaced too.
    If Metatron appears, rumours will start flying!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

LDH--- Thanks I always thought everyone knew that. This couple are having such a hard time. Imagine since 1944.....!!!! The elders came to see them yesterday... They told them about NGO. & How Floyd Erwin was in prison for many years because we as JWs were not allowed to do alternitive service.He asked them since the WT has made so many false predictions 1914-1925-1975 Isnt it wise to examine everything the WT demands now? they agreed!!!!!But they were told about the DF if you go to the Y

• LDH
    LDH

Df'd for going to the Y. Craziness.

LT, I saw your picture and I love this new one so much more. what a handsome guy. RE: the "Threesome," LOL, that would be with me, Farkel and FOCUS. (Here, kitty kitty!!!)

The little guy keeps me hopping, the almost 14-year old should be paying me taxi fare, etc etc. It's a good life. We're getting ready to buy new digs, so super busy. How 'bout you?

Lisa

• dustyb
    dustyb

lol yep, i knew that you'd get DF'ed for goign to the YMCA. It didn't stop me tho because it was the best gym in town. So why can we be DF'ed for going to the gym at the YMCA to be fit, yet the GB doesn't get DF'ed for belonging to the UN??

• Farkel
    Farkel

mouthy,

You said people could be DFd for:

: Attending the Y.M.C.A & the Y.WC.A. ???? I knew this years ago. But a couple just leaving didnt know this- & they have been JWs since 1944.. Does differant countries have differant DF rules. ??? I was in Montreal. This couple came from England. I would like to know

I was aware of the WTS prohibition on the YMCA or the YWCA. I never saw a single example of this happening though, and in my last six years of being a crusading ex-dub, I've never heard a single example of this happening, either.

Do you have WTS quotes which say people can be DF'd for joining the YMCA? I've never seen any.

I've seen the Fred Franz "warnings" of the "evils" of joining, but I cannot recall ever seeing in any WTS print that it is a DFing offense.

If you have relevant information, please help me out here. I'm not talking about renegade idiotic-window-washing elders acting in various communities, but official WTS documentation that specifically states "if you join the YMCA/YWCA we will DF your sorry butts."

Farkel

• shamus
    shamus

Young Mens Christian Academy.

They gotta be worshipping satan in there.

• little witch
    little witch

Farkel,

Most of us are quite familiar with the word of the watchtower. Since it is gods sole channel and all.

The literature is indeed vague at times but their point is quite clear to "spiritually strong ones" and "true christians".

We are quite adept at reading the gist of the message thankyou very much.

Let's not play games k?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit