How Do You View Pets - new article

by puppylove 18 Replies latest jw friends

• kat2u
    kat2u

sad maybe but I like my dog better than quite a few people ive known.

• Badger
    Badger

As Senator Bob Dole said: "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Dang...and we just adopted a Golden Retriever from the Humane Society!!

Seriously...owning a pet has been scientifically shown to lower a person's blood pressure and reduce depression. (please don't ask me to back that statement up...I think I heard that on 20/20).

Pets, especially dogs, also give a person unconditional love. Something the JW's know NOTHING about. No, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they had an article against owning pets (except maybe goldfish). They would take up too much time that a person should be spending on the never-ending treadmill of JW slavery.

Cathy L. Proud new owner of Sophie the Big Yellow Dog

• Mary
    Mary
    An article in the Watchtower entitled: Beware of the danger of Pets would have had a different angle, I?d suppose!

LOL! Yep, I can just see the questions in the Witchtower Study on Sundays:

Q: Why should Christians be aware of the dangers of owning a pet?

Q: Who tricked Eve into eating from the Tree of Knowledge and how does that affect us today?

Q: Who did Jesus says returns to it's own vomit? Should Christians clean up the vomit or just leave it on the floor?

Q: Should Christians count time by preaching to animals they might meet on the street? What if he bites you in the ass?

Q: Should Christians let their animals be vaccinated or fixed? Demonstrate how that shows gross disrespect for the pro-creative powers that Jehovah gave humans and animals.

Q: How should we view Christians to are determined to own their own pets? Should they be "marked"?

• Room 215
    Room 215

``How Do You View Your Pets" (?!) Given some of the titles of so many front-cover Awake! articles, one has to wonder what any of them have to do with ``proclaiming God's Kingdom" or how long it would take a JW to get the householder who takes a copy from talking about little Fido to the ``Join Us or Die: bait-and-switch bottom line?

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I read part of the article. There is a part where it says animals were made to live for a short time. How they wont be resurected. I looked up the scriptures they quoted, and they did not say that. My mother was a bit upset. She maintains, if every desire will be fulfilled and death will be no more, she will have her German Sheppard back. This is one of the two things my mom disagrees with. She was so upset. If I get a chance to read anymore, I will let you know.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Mary your so funny, I loved what you said in view of what that stupid elderette said to you recently about the pro creation...Bouncy 5 Bouncy 5 Bouncy 5

Your a hoot..Owl Owl 2 Welcome to dog and cat heaven!

Dog Cat Dog Cat Dog 8 Dog 9 Cat 10 Cat 11 Dog 13 Dog 16 Petting Hot Dog Black Cat Puppies Garfield ) oops how did that hot dog get in there???

Love OrangefatcatOrange Fat Cat 15

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Might this be an excerpt from the Public talk about pet ownership?

"Brothers and sisters, lend me your ears. Some of you, perhaps none of you have been wondering the important question, 'Should I keep a pet?' Sounds like a simple question. Sounds even like a question that the society would have no opinion on. But who are we to presuppose what the faithful and discreet slave knows to be God's holy direction. They are smart. I mean S - M - E - R -T. They think in ways that would boggle your mind. Did you consider that having to care for a pet would mean you have less time to devote to personal indoctrination and study and worse you will have less time to gather more mental slaves from the door to door work? No you didn't did you, who would, who could, certainly no one in their right mind. The governing body however is beyond their right mind, they are in their double right mind and you know what happens if you take two rights, you go 180 degrees. Therefore they are 180% correct. Think of God's blessing - we have almost 200% more of God's blessing than the leading religion!

So tonight I ask all of you to go home and sacrafice your beloved pet animals to Jehovah God, just Abraham would have done to Issac. We must remain no part of the world, just as we shun normal healthy social contact with the rest of the world, so shall we shun lassie and garfield. I know to some of you this may seems harsh and unhuman, but think of all the lifes you will be saving. And Jehovah God will reward his faithful. In the new order to come someday he will bestow each of us with pets, not just some furry dog, but a roaring lion. Think of that, you neighbor now may have a pit bull, but it ain't shit compared to a lion or tiger. Yeah a bengal Tiger, that is what I want. Picture your favorite wild and probably dangerous animal, I promise Jehovah God will bestow his blessing on you and give it as a pet and it probably won't even try to eat you.

So in conclusion, Pets Bad, Mindless Sheepishness Good."

• JessieeMay
    JessieeMay

If somebody who has access to this article could maybe post it I would be really intrested in reading what it says as I have a number of pets and love my pets very much,thanks so much

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit