Dear supporters of Russia's JW Ban:

by Jehalapeno 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• just fine
    just fine

I couldn't care less what happens to JWs, they bring most of this on themselves by being obstinate.

That being said, I do not like the ban because at a certain point, who gets to decide what is allowed and what isn't. It's great as long as they ban all the stuff I don't like. Not so much when they start banning stuff I like.

People should be free to believe what they want, even if it is a stupid, family wrecking cult. Just like I am free to believe it is a stupid, family wrecking cult.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@OrphanCrow - I haven't kept up with the WTS in Russia, so I don't know the backstory to this.

If what you've posted is corrected, then Russia has more reason to ban the Watchtower religion.

I certainly won't be writing any letters in protest.

If the Russian gov is going to ban the WTS after getting no luck in trying to get the religion to stop the blood, shunning and paedo issues, then I'm ok with that.

I still prefer what the ARC is doing over what Russia is doing.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    As soon as one group is banned, no matter how we disagree with their views, it leaves the door open to banning something we feel is important

I agree. The light sterilizes this type of shit. Banning it only pushes it further I to the shadows. Let people think their crazy shit but put it out in the light of criticism.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

LoveUni, I have read some of the Russian court transcripts (translated, of course) where the questioning has focused on the shunning doctrine. That is one thing that the Russians just can't wrap their heads around - how a religion can demand that its members sever family ties. Regardless of what others think of Russians, most Russians believe in family first and religion second.

During the 90s, when Russia was struggling to develop socially responsible laws concerning religious belief, they also considered the rights of those who didn't hold religious beliefs. The Russian authorities recognized the right of individuals to be free from coercion on the part of religious believers. That is why the anti-evangelizing laws came into being. Religious people were told to go ahead and hold whatever religious belief they wanted but to refrain from trying to get others to accept those beliefs.

It is a workable system - individuals can believe whatever they want - they can believe in unicorns and magical beans if that is what they choose. But, they are not allowed to strap a unicorn horn on their head and go around poking people with it. And they are not allowed to scatter magical beans around where others will trip on them.

Of course, that creates huge problems for groups like the JWs who seem to have to convince others to adopt their magical, fairy tale world in order to validate themselves. They cannot, and will not, respect the rights of others. So, they are getting spanked and sent to the corner for a time out.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Putin has nothing on jehovah when it comes to 'bad' rulership.

Right now jehovah is preparing his army to carry out the brutal mass killing of everyone in the world who does not support him and his ideology - which includes no freedom of religion, no freedom of belief, and no freedom of sexuality. Add to that if you decide he is not a god of love you get executed as well.

180,000 soldiers 'gassed' in one night by jehovah during a war.

The male first-born of every Egyptian 'gassed' in one night by jehovah.

Tens of thousands of babies and children deliberately drowned to death by jehovah in the days of Noah. There was no chance of survival. The Ark was not big enough to hold the children.

If Putin had his way right now he would ban 170,000 JWs from gathering together to worship jehovah.

If jehovah had his way right now he would kill 150 million Russians and leave only 170,000 JWs alive.

Don't ban Jehovah's Witnesses. They are not extremists. Ban the real extremist ... Jehovah.

• AFRIKANMAN
  • venus
    venus

Give shunning, and shunning will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.—Luke 6:38

Who will be used to fulfill this law is immaterial!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit