Are You ANGRY That You Were Once A JW?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Angry and very pissed off to have my life and family minipulated by a cult.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    I was angry. Very angry. At myself for being STOOPID

That sums up my anger very well. I had been exposed to the Dubs since I was about 12 years old and had already recognized they were merely a huge publishing and sales organization and then in spite of that knowledge I went back and got my fool self baptized. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I was fooled twice. Why do the words "dumb ass" come to mind ??

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

So sorry everyone for all you have been through. There is some pretty emotional stuff here.(((((GROUP HUG))))) time.

cyber-comfort-sis

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

NO- Not angry - overview tells me overall it was not a totally negative experience -- I still believe the TMS to be the best FREE public speaking training in the world

• minimus
    minimus

The Theocratic Ministry School was good for a person, if they practiced giving impromptus all the time. Otherwise, you'll always have stage fright if you're not actually giving the talks.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

if they practiced giving impromptus all the time. -- must confess not given an impromptu for over three years -- once gave an instruction talk with 2 minutes notice as elder did not turn up -- was ill -- given a public talk at 15 minutes notice/warning -- given a number 2 talk (bible reading) with zero notice/warning

• codeblue
    codeblue

I am not angry, a little put out that when I received a college scholarship I had to turn it down because at that TIME it was frowned upon by the WTBS. My life could have been completely different with the degree I wanted to have.

But as someone else mentioned: The Theocratic Ministry School was the best "free speech class"...it was a boost for my abilities to speak to anyone and has helped me on several jobs.

Codeblue

• freelife
    freelife

I am kinda getting past the angry part, but i do still hold some anger in. I am angry that i got cheated of my youth and of the many things that come with it. I am angry that my family is still stuck paying partonage to this farce of a religon. i am angry at myself for bothering people at home with bull$hit that i did not believe myself. I think that my feelings of anger are slowly fading away and now i just want to move on with my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit