Not Being Invited To Gatherings.

by kennylazo1 35 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DUBSTEPPED:

That’s a terrible story you tell where not one JW showed up.

I have a theory on this kind of stupidity. Because Witnesses are closed off from associating with “worldly people”, they do not know how to conduct themselves or what is socially acceptable. They are painfully ignorant about many things, in addition to being fools and ingrates.

They also feel there is no accountability for what they do and since you are/were their “brother”, you should overlook and forget it.

I think this scenario is less likely to happen with so-called worldly people. Maybe you’d get one person who forgot about an invitation. But, everybody?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@LHG- Great points. Put a bunch of socially backward narcissists together and see what happens.

• Jayk
    Jayk

I posted about this a while ago. If you associate with witness they will accept you, like if you going to meetings. Until youre baptized you will still be accepted. But don't let them know your personal life. A family member of mine told me he has slept with multiple active witness, told me about active witnesses who do drugs, and have piercings that wouldn't be acceptable (nipple piercings). To me it's very hypocritical but there's nothing you can do about it if you want to eat the crust of that s*** sandwich then you'll get invited to the parties.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    I have a theory on this kind of stupidity. Because Witnesses are closed off from associating with “worldly people”, they do not know how to conduct themselves or what is socially acceptable. They are painfully ignorant about many things, in addition to being fools and ingrates.

VERY VERY TRUE!
    Now that does not go for everyone - but a majority sure fit into that.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I think I would rather not be invited than invited and ignored by everyone the entire evening which has happened to me.

• 2curious
    2curious

That's part of the reason I woke up. When I was married and active, my husband was DFd. I was basically cut off, too. Our friends stopped inviting me to hang out, I was invited to congregation gatherings three times in 5 years, and my son was never invited to the gatherings for kids. I left my ex 2 years after he was DFd and as a single mom, no one reached out to me. That's not the warm, fuzzy love we were told that we have among us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit