Not Being Invited To Gatherings.

by kennylazo1 35 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They are extremely petty. I got invited to a meal even though I am inactive. I could tell by the look on an elder’s face when he entered the room that he reckoned I shouldn’t be there. I think word had been passed around that I am “bad association” but someone didn’t get the memo. Too bad for them. Good if the elders felt uncomfortable that their informal shunning hadn’t worked on this ocassion. They need to try harder. (I’m sure they will)

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It was always the single brothers in my previous hall that did things. As soon as i was married i was never invited to anything.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Being excluded at times is part of the human experiences and many successful people considered themselves to be social outcasts and not fitting in throughout their lives. Being excluded can actually work for you sometimes if you let it.

The thing that makes it annoying with JWs is they claim to be the truest, the happiest, the Christiest most wonderful loving bosom of a religion in the whole wide wicked world.

So when the "most loving people" on earth reject you what does that do to a person?

I used to be offended by it now I see it as a good thing that I never fitted in with assholes.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    The thing that makes it annoying with JWs is they claim to be the truest, the happiest, the Christiest most wonderful loving bosom of a religion in the whole wide wicked world.
    So when the "most loving people" on earth reject you what does that do to a person?
    I used to be offended by it now I see it as a good thing that I never fitted in with assholes.

AMEN ! ! !

• carla
    carla

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum! before my jw was baptized and still 'studying' they tried to invite him to some regular get together and I raised holy hell about it. That was back in the day when there were 2 meetings per week. That meant there were only 2 non jw days in an entire week one was a Monday the other a Friday. We had kids at home that didn't see much of him as it was. He bowed out of the invite. A few invites came via US Mail a few times but somehow they got filed in the circular file

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

A story, maybe two:

My wife and I were never in the cool club. We spent most weekends trying to entertain ourselves. One Sunday we drove up about an hour and a half away to pretty much just go for a drive. There were some cool state parks up that way so we drove through them too, did a little hiking around, just bored and kind of killing time but trying to find something to do.

On the way back from the last park the car started acting funny. Radio started going in and out. Headlights stopped working so I went to the brights, and then they stopped. It was night, and very dark and kind of cold out, and on rural roads in the middle of nowhere. Had to use a flashlight to see where a driveway was to pull off. I knocked on the door of this creepy place to let them know why we were blocking their drive. Nobody answered. Probably best.

I called my JW friend that lived in my neighborhood back home. He was a mechanic. Well, it just so happened that he was driving back from a football game about an hour past us. Now, he was a good dude, and he met up with us and I was able to drive home following him. Apparently my alternator over charged and blew my headlights.

Anyway, we didn't go straight home. We had to stop somewhere first. We had to stop at the restaurant parking lot where all of the local JWs our age from congregations all over had met to go up to a football game. I LOVE football and probably knew more about it than any of them. Nobody ever invited us though. So our sad selves sat in a dark car in a parking lot surrounded by all of these young dubs fresh from having great fun at a football game and we just felt awful. We never were invited. In fact, they started a fantasy football league, and I was never even invited to that.

Oh, and on the flip side, once I invited a bunch of young dubs over to my place. I was new in that congregation and had moved there. Most said yes. I bought a bunch of pizzas.............and had to throw most of it away because not.......one..........person........showed.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

once I invited a bunch of young dubs over to my place. I was new in that congregation and had moved there. Most said yes. I bought a bunch of pizzas.............and had to throw most of it away because not.......one..........person........showed.

Ouch. That sucks. I never threw parties for that very reason, i anticipated that no one would show.

Can you imagine turning up to a JW party now though? Getting the green Insight books out and having "lots of fun" talking about the bible?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

One of my (former) best (conditional) JW friend’s son just got married. At least that’s what we heard through the grapevine because we surely were not invited.

At first I kinda sat back in a bit of shock. But considering he’s a brown-nose ass-kisser who is attempting to get reappointed I can see why we were personae non gratae since we are seen as “spiritually weak and inactive” (or worse). It wouldn’t look good for him to have a friend like me.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I can count on one hand the number of real friends I made as a JW.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    zeb2 days ago2 days ago

"One cong had a pin bowling night. What with the sisters screaming behaviour and their micro skirts I left as soon as it started"

What you didn't stick around to at least get a peek at their panties ??

Hehe !

Teasing you Zeb. Been there sometimes it hurts less to just leave and not have to deal with the frustration of being cock blocked at every turn..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit