Letter to all congregations Feb 18, 2004

by Puternut 16 Replies latest forum announcements

• Bendrr
    Bendrr
    There, is that so hard to do ? When will they apologize? We have been spoon fed for so long, is it our turn to spoon feed them? When will they get it and how long must these things go on?

If they did "come clean", and it may very well have to happen soon, they'd put a spin on it to where the r&f would be writing the U.N. asking them to give "Jehovah's Organization" the status back.

Mike.

• family_man
    family_man

What is a dub? And how do I sign up? I'm tired of relying on television to avoid independent thought ...

• Bryan
    Bryan

Okay, sorry to everyone. I just read all the lower posts. I understand.

I welcome any input concerning my daughter though. I don't want to "push" her. I don't want to be like "them." Any suggestions or experiences?

Thanks,

Bryan

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

Hello Bryan,

I am in the same boat. I was raised a JW and I actually brought my exwife into the org way back when. Our children have attended meetings since birth (3 girls), and I now have custody of them because of the abuse going on in their mother's JW home. The middle child, 15, still attends meetings pretty regularly on her own, and I have talked to them many times about my decision to leave the org for good.

I sometimes have the impulse to kidnap my own kid and take her to cult deprogramming experts, but I know I must be patient and let her see things for herself, and I think this will take time. The other two girls are at the point where they see it all as bs and they attend meetings only sometimes if they get board want to go flirt with cute young brothers (it makes me laugh). Hang in there and choose your opportunities to talk to her and have some sort of documentation handy.

As crazy as it might seem, the hidden and subliminal images controversy is what began to open my eyes to the lies. It might be a good place to start. I got creeped out enough to start asking harder and deeper questions about that and other issues, and it sparked some really good conversations with my kids about their experiences with the JW's.

http://members.cox.net/hunyadi/wtbts_001.htm

Good luck and my thoughts are with you.

Hunyadi

• Panda
    Panda
    ...where certain christians have molested children...

certain christians they are not say ing Jehovahs Witnesses "certain Christians" give me a break.

Oh and they were "voluntary" members of Un NGO's...what other types of NGOs are there non-volunteer...someone explain this to me my head hurts. Oh and we dropped our stock in weapons building because gosh we now realize we were wrong.

Am I the only one thinking that if any r/f brother did this stuff he'd be demoted to publisher then df'd. What a bunch of hypocrits.

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

A humble and sincere apology from the WTBTS would be just the thing. Here is what the WTBTS says about apologies:

wt 12/15/96 ยท Why should we practice the art of apologizing?
    An apology can help to ease the pain caused by imperfection, and it can heal strained relationships. Each apology we make is a lesson in humility and trains us to become more sensitive to the feelings of others.?9/15, page 24.

wt 7/15/96 pg 15-20 11 Bridling the tongue helps us to maintain unity. (James 3:10-18) But suppose something we have said has caused tension between us and a fellow Christian. Would it not be appropriate to take the initiative in making peace with our brother, apologizing if necessary? (Matthew 5:23, 24) True, this requires humility, or lowliness of mind, but Peter wrote: "Gird yourselves with lowliness of mind toward one another, because God opposes the haughty ones, but he gives undeserved kindness to the humble ones." (1 Peter 5:5) Humility will move us to ?pursue peace? with our brothers, admitting our mistakes and making appropriate apology. This helps to maintain the unity of Jehovah?s family.?1 Peter 3:10, 11

wt9/15/96 pg 22-24

Practice

the Art of Apologizing

If we make it a practice to apologize when necessary, we are likely to find that people will respond favorably. And perhaps they will even apologize themselves. When we suspect that we have upset someone, why not make it a custom to apologize rather than go to great lengths to avoid admitting any fault? The world may feel that an apology is a sign of weakness, but it really gives evidence of Christian maturity. Of course, we would not want to be like those who acknowledge some wrong yet minimize their responsibility. For instance, do we ever say that we are sorry without meaning it? If we arrive late and make profuse apologies, do we determine to improve our punctuality?

So, then, do we really need to apologize? Yes, we do. We owe it to ourselves and others to do so. An apology can help to ease the pain caused by imperfection, and it can heal strained relationships. Each apology we make is a lesson in humility and trains us to become more sensitive to the feelings of others. As a result, fellow believers, marriage mates, and others will view us as those who deserve their affection and trust. We will have peace of mind, and Jehovah God will bless us.

Well, GB and WTBTS, we are all waiting for you to walk your talk and humbly admit your transgressions. Heal the strained relationships between you and those you have caused to fall away. Show us your humility. Show us that you deserve our affection and trust. Or will you continue to lie and minimize your responsibility?

CORVIIN

• Dansk
    Dansk

PPS

We hereby forthwith rescind our shunning, disfellowshipping, disassociating and marking talk policies and offer to pay full restitution to the families of loved ones who killed themselves because of our hardheartedness. We also offer to pay full restitution to the injured themselves who have suffered years of anxiety and depression and we also immediately rescind our blood policy, which is now known to be founded on our deliberate misinterpretation of scripture. We also agree to dismantle the governing body as we now realise that the date 607 BCE was a complete fabrication and that, therefore, the governing body is not of any annointed class at all. Further, we renounce all the years we mentioned had significant meaning, such as 1914, 1918, 1975, etc., as these and that of the generation change have absolutely no basis in scripture. We further agree to sell off all Watchtower assets and divide the proceeds amongst all those who have been baptised Jehovah's Witnesses during the past 90 years, whether or not they are presently considered in good standing.

Once the above has been seen to everyone's satisfaction we recommend that you keep away from all cults or religions that have the potential to take over your lives and inflict harm, either to you or others. To this end we recommend that you look to science and those spiritual teachings that are not in any way dogmatic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit