UN scandal...again

by yxl1 44 Replies latest jw friends

• yxl1
    yxl1

I popped round to my mothers the other day, not realising she had the book study at her house. Luckily it had almost finished so I waited around. Once finished the elder shook my hand and asked me what I was doing now. After a little small talk he asked me the million $ question: "Why did you stop going to the meetings?" There was a moment of silence as a few of the R&F pretended they weren't listening.

"Growing up a witness, I was taught and believed that the wild beast of Revelation was the United Nations." I continued, "I had no problem with this issue and believed it 100%. When I found out that the Watchtower society had joined the UN, I felt I could no longer be associated with an organization that preached one thing and practiced another."

The room was pretty silent by this time, until the elder spoke. "I find it hard to believe that the WTS would join the UN, where did you get this information from? You know, the internet is run by apostates/debil and they will make up lies in an attempt to stumble us.blah blah blah"

In a loud voice I asked him to check out the back issues of the Guardian.co.uk newspaper who first uncovered this scandal. He had no answer, but promised to check it out. After he left, those eavesdropping asked a few more questions about the UN scandal. Some had heard rumours about it but just dismissed it as apostate nonsense. The fact that it was reported by a British newspaper gave it a lot more credabity than some angry apostate website.

As I was leaving, I could still hear a few dubs discussing the issue. The fact is I didnt leave the dubs because of the UN thingie. I left because I think they're a bunch of hypocritical idiots, but I dont think that would have had the same impact.

Mwaaa haaa haaa haaa

• Gopher
    Gopher

That was a very encouraging experience from the field! Perhaps you will be asked to tell it at the next circuit assembly!!

Good, quick thinking on your part -- to raise the UN-NGO issue. Maybe some of the dubs will think a little bit about it. If you had talked about personal issues (hypocrisy of the friends) they'd have shied away. But you gave them something to chew on!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

hehe... you so silly.... don't you know that it is OK to join the Wild Beast if you need a library card???

Now joining the YMCA to use their exercise facilities... that's a DFing offence!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

yx -

Love your story! Next time you "accidentally" show up at your mom's during the book study, perhaps you could bring some information including weblinks and UN phone numbers, etc. to help them find out for themselves that you speak the truth! Please keep us posted on how this works out!

growedup

• yxl1
    yxl1
    Good, quick thinking on your part

Its always good to have an answer or topic ready for when you meet the Dubs. I like the UN-NGO thingie because not only does it show the stupidity of the WTS, it shows the hypocracy in their teaching. And the fact that a newspaper reported it gives it that little added weight.

and its something they can research without visiting evil sites......(like this one)

• Special K
    Special K

Good job yx......

Sounds like you have given some who were there much to think about.

When you think about how controlling that this cult is.. especially in controlling incoming information.

I am sure that there are many, many, many.. J.W.'s who know nothing about this U.N.Scandal as well as many more J.W. scandals. Obviously, the Governing Body are not going to publish about it in the Watchtower..

J.W.'s environment is so controlled...their access to information is inhibited by a fear of apostate literature..

good job again...

sincerely

Special K

• Puternut
    Puternut

What pisses me off the most, why can't the WT admit to it, and make a formal apology to the organization. That would show some humility and would at least gain some respect from the brothers. But hushing it over and printing an awake to praise the UN so as to get the UN off their back is a blow in the face to those that want to be faithful to the WT.

Puternut

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

What shocks me is the fact that many JW's don't even know about this. I wish there was a way to get the word out to all of them. What can a person do? Put an ad in the newspaper? There must be some way.....

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

yxl1...I hope you remember to turn in your time!!

What a great moment to actually be able to tell a few of the "R&F" about the UN crap. Hope it gets them to thinking. Me thinks that elder will have some damage control to worry about! Cathy L .

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Wouldn't it be neat if everyone on this board put an ad in the paper for one week. It would have to be short and well worded (or most JW's will not read it). Mentioning the UN scandal and maybe they should check it out. It's fun to dream.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit