my first post in this forum

by trumangirl 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

Hello, just introducing myself. I would like to have a picture to my left but don't know how to do it.

I'm an inactive witness, been so for a few months now. Got put off mostly by 1914 being hammered more and more lately, the child molestation issue, the UN-NGO thing and just feeling like I don't want to shoot my mouth off and get labelled apostate so best to fade out. Let them think i'm materialistic or an independent thinker.

I go to this forum for some light relief mostly. University study has started up again so I can't be much bothered with reading the serious spiritual sites like E-watchman and Pathways at the moment.

Any other New Zealanders come here?

Also I would like to hear from anyone who has read Joseph Malik's piece about apostle Paul not really putting women down, that he was quoting from his opposers and it got mistranslated. This is the only explanation I have read that makes sense of why Paul's letters can be so good and loving, but then have mean and illogical statements about women, but I have not seen it corroborated anywhere but from Malik.

• pudd
    pudd

hi trumangirl

welcome !!!!

I am fairly new here too, and in a similer position. I have been "fadeing" for about a year. same reasons as yourself. I find this site very helpful, hope you do to. there is a lot of support here.

don't know about the paul thing but sounds very interesting, i will be looking out for any info on that.

pudd

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME TRUMANGIRL

Stick around and get thoroughly educated about Watchtower while you do your Uni studies at the same time (best wishes for your success).

Ian, Claire & Boys

Out a year and loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gadget
    Gadget

Hi Trumangirl.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome Trumangirl!

About Paul and women, the only thing I've seen discussed here recently is 1 Corinthians 14:34f as an interpolation (manuscript evidence) contradicting chapter 11... In chapter 11 there are some translation problems, although not enough, I'm afraid, to make Paul an advocate of equality... Whatever the case we do have a Joseph Malik on this board, you might try to pm him (go to "members directory").

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Hey Truman girl, welcome to the forum..

were you and your loved ones safe during the recent big storms in NZ? Hope so!!

I heard the recent big storms in New Zealand did $110 million dollars worth of ................ improvements!!!

Cheers!

Pope

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Welcome trumangirl. Look forward to hearing more from you. Keep those studies up though !

• shamus
    shamus

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

In your neck of the world, this board is pretty dead this time of day; most posters are in the U.K and north america, with lots scattered about inbetween.

Come on in and check out more teachings that were just plain wrong; that is the tip of the iceberg.

I recommend Crisis Of Conscience by Ray Franz; a person who sat on the governing body of Jehovahs Witnesses. What an eye-opener!

Welcome to freedom!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the forum.... If your interested in some of Paul teaching you might enjoy the book by Charles Trombley .."Who Said Women Can't Teach " Paul always seemed a bit of an "anti woman" to me. but this book did help me. Enjoy the site- itis an "unconditional love site"

• Special K
    Special K

Trumangirl......

Welcome to the forum...

Drop in when your not swamped with studies...

special K.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit