Although you left the JW's...What JW beliefs do you still hold on to?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I still don't believe in the trinity.

I believe that we should pray God and not Jesus like so many do

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

That's a good question JH, too bad I can't think of any that I still hold to.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

I also believe the Trinity is of non-Bblical oriigin. Add to that the immortality of the soul, and any other teaching or belief that can not be supported by the overwhelming majority of Scripture.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Since I'm atheist I found it surprising that for a while after I left the bOrg I kept refuting other Christian teachings with JW teachings. Even though I do not believe the bible is inspired, I was so programmed to refute certain teachings a certain way that I could not help myself.

One day it suddenly occurred to me... I was debating Mother Goose!

• franklin J
    franklin J

I do not connect to any of the JW teachings at this point of my life. Not one.

I have been out for 20 odd years. But there must be a "ghost trapped in the machinery" because I have discovered this forum last October and I enjoy the "camaraderie" of other X JW posters here.

Frank

• Puternut
    Puternut

I believe the Bible is an instruction book.

I believe JW's still molest children.

I believe they don't see the connection between the two.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I don't know what I believe right now. I won't say I am just throwing everything out as lies.. but I dont' believe anything either.

right now I feel virginal when it comes to religion. I am going to start all over and rethink everything, evaluate things and decide to believe in things or not to believe, but based on what I learn and research and meditate on and in my own time at my own pace.. and IF I feel like it..

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I'm OK with the lack of hell in the afterlife...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Puterguy:

I believe they don't see the connection between the two.

WTF???

Sassy:

right now I feel virginal...

Did I just read that right?
    LOL

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

I pretty much dont connect with any JW teachings. Too many contradictions and too many ways to look at life. I am more comfortable keeping myself unattached to religion, and focussing on myself.

Boozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit