Although you left the JW's...What JW beliefs do you still hold on to?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I still believe that religion is a snare and a racket.

False religion is the whore of babylon

not let the sun set with a disagreement with my "brother".

Without love guiding our actions, we are dangerous creatures.

• Carmel
    Carmel

My belief system challenges the notion of literal resurrection, including that of Jesus, explains the seeming contradiction of the scriptures regarding the station of Jesus and explains the nearly totally overlooked explanation of the "trinity". Where the JWs preach the lack of racial prejudice, my religion makes it one of its cornerstones and lives it, where JWs have been disallowed to even vote, I am encouraged to actively engage in solving the problems of the world, but not by engaging in partisan politics. Where the JWs deny the existence of a "soul" my faith iterates that we are spiritual beings having a material experiance. So many things are different but some are same but understood quite differently.

Now JH, since this is about the nineth time this question has been asked, what are you going to do with the diversity of answers?

carmel

• heathen
    heathen

carmel-- the WTBTS teaches that we are living breathing souls not that there is no soul. I think you are talking about the immortality of the soul of which they do believe but use some twisted logic to disprove .

• franklin J
    franklin J

This thread has become very interesting....

Can we say objectively; that if we take the JW teachings out of the mix; we have "generic Christianity". The common denominator here in Christianity is what is called "The Golden Rule" or " "do unto others...."

But Christianity must share this "principle" with the ancient Babylonian credo called " Hammurabis Code" apprrox 500BC) which states simply that you should treat your fellow man kindly.

So kindness to our fellow man predates Christianity. So kindess and love can be bestowed by a member of any religion; it is , as I see it ; a secular response; having nothing to do with any religion or set of religious beliefs.

To be very brief, my point is that we can show love and kindness to our fellow man ( no matter what his beliefs) without having to be religious; or have that kindness show as a reflection of any one religion.

• anglise
    anglise

"You will know the truth and the truth will set you free"

After about 18 years in the borg we are free to choose our destiny and believes, not just the big things but in how we live and work on a daily basis.

Anglise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit