"Sorry, sister; but the CO said he isn't going to visit anyone durind the Special Week."

by Tempest in a Teacup 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

Third post about the big disappointments that woke me up. I'm writing them in no particular order. These episodes made me bitter when they happened. They all happened within a short time span (about a year ) and they made me question who these people actually were. After all these incidents, I developed an instinctive fear and repulsion for JWs. Before long, I started drifting away from them to shield myself from their callous ways.

In my family, we always made it a point to receive the co when he's visiting. Ever since I've been living on my own, I always tried to respect the tradition. What we normally do is that 4 or 5 single people will decide upon a weekly day to have the co for lunch.

it normally worked well. We sometimes had splendid visits with heart to heart, up building conversations with the COs and their wives. Other times, it was quite boring but the joy of having the CO over for a meal was still there.

Then came this CO. Utterly disrespectful. Terribly inconsiderate. It was pure hell sitting through his talks because the man would just be standing there spewing INSULT after INSULT. He gave me the impression that I was a slave instead of a believer.

It was the first time he was visiting our congregation. So as usual, I gave my name to have him and his wife over for lunch, together with other people in the cong. This was done the week before his visit. After the first meeting, which I thoroughly hated, elders called me to let me know that brother CO had rejected all invitations to homes for the duration of the week. I asked why. They told me that he said that he only enjoys having sandwiches for lunch and so he doesn't need to go to anyone's house for that.

It was such a jaw dropping moment! Like seriously? Yes. He's cancelled all invitations? Yes.

Okay. Cool. Never ever in my life had I seen or heard of a CO refusing all invitations to have lunch with congregation members. In my culture, that's a big no-no, and I'm sure he was aware of this.

Turns out, he actually lives in our area and I suppose he just wanted to be going to his own home since it wasn't that far away. That, I heard weeks later. Which ever way, I thought it was quite insensitive of him to actually refuse to visit members of the cong for that. I guess he knew so too, since he invented the sandwich excuse. I mean, we will make sandwich for you if that's what you want. What matters to us is to have you over. Mr CO knew that but couldn't care less about our a**es.

Needless to say, I missed his next visits (3 I think). I always found a reason to be absent that week. I couldn't stand the mere sight of his arrogant self.

For his second visit, elders were asking who would like to receive him. Turns out, for whatever reason, that this time around he was willing to fulfill his COly duties. They naturally approached me about it. I happily said 'no, I can't ' and turn my heels.

For his first visit, I was disappointed because there were some things I was wanting to discuss with him, and at that point in time, any encouraging words would have greatly helped me in the state where I was. As at the time of the second visit, I had learnt my lessons and I was looking for the way out.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Good for you. You made the right decision.

On one occasion when the CO and his wife were to lunch, I offered wine to the CO, he promptly refuse and indignantly mumbled something about sacred service. The manner in which he did this was so belittling, it upset his wife so that she turned round to me and said "I would love a glass of wine with my lunch".

So I could drink a nice wine with the COs wife and he just looked on. Anyway after that this CO never treated me with much respect.

• KateWild
    KateWild

They are just men. Nothing special, no holy spirit appointing them. But the time they get to the point of being a CO.....they would have experienced exactly how there is no holy spirit so many of them are frauds looking after their own lifestyles.

Kate xx

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

As Kate says, they're only men, just like their overlords in Brooklyn - imperfect, controlling, lying men who are working for a corporation which claims to be the only true religion [God's organization] on earth and therefore, the only means of salvation during the "imminent great tribulation". (which they missed in 66-70 C.E.)

It's brilliant to just appreciate being able to see this isn't it? Because 8m poor souls are still deluded.

• stillin
    stillin

We were in a small, rural congregation where the local elders were very closed-minded about anything new. They did not want to hear about anything from where we had lived before (which was near Kingdom Farm, lots of WT heavies around all the time.) So when the CO came around it was nice to have a listening ear and mature conversation. But the locals viewed this as insubordination and as a Korah- like effect. They began to make pre-emptive strikes when the CO got to town by informing him that we were bad people. Any new elders that moved into the area were informed of this too.

I hit it off with one of the rock-star CO's and next thing I knew, I was an MS, much to the locals' chagrin. That's Holy Spirit for you. It can be a bitch!

of course, once my sons hit their teen years it was all over for me. "Brother Stillin, perhaps it would be wise if you stepped down from your congregation responsibilities and spent more time with your family." They truly enjoyed this little talk, but even though I love my boys dearly, and stepping down WAS the right thing to do,I still resent the fact that the brothers jumped on the opportunity like that.

sorry, am I off topic?

• Watchtower-Free
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

You should have told him "we are serving a delicious meal for lunch and $100.00 dollar 'green handshake' for desert."

He would have been delighted to grace your home for a 'meal'!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• blondie
    blondie
    It's just a guess based on past obstreperous COs, I think enough complaints reached the ears of the higher ups and he was told to mix with the rank and file.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Make him some Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches and see how he responds. Wait til the CO's have NO ONE to feed them anymore. Ungrateful assh****.!
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain
    @ - Tempest in a teacup - I dont blame you for being discouraged, and feeling slighted by that CO's actions. The sad thing is, that probably 90% of us here have had similar experiences of being treated very unlovingly by Elders, CO's, and many others, "professing" to be true christians, but showing themselves to be true frauds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit