Never Told Anyone this...

by gespro 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• gespro
    gespro

... but I think it would help me to relate it now.

A day before a big convention in Montreal [I must've been 8 years old] My mother, who was running late as usual, was trying to get ready for an appointment. She was frantic and needed the bathroom mirror. I'm sitting on the commode and I remember finding a thrown out metal flimsy paper towel rack in the garbage so, I pick it up and I'm trying to bend it around, my mother storms into the bathroom, grabs the towel rack and screams, 'You know I'm in a hurry' and bashes my head in on top! I felt a different pain that day. I reached up to feel my head and I see blood on my hands. That's when I start screaming. My brother (who was 12) runs into the bathroom and takes care of my bleeding head. My mother knew what she had done and left the house quickly.

My brother stops the bleeding, shaves my head around the wound, and puts a bandaid on the wound. The next thing I remember is that it's about 4am , I'm sitting in the back of the car. We are driving -not to a hospitol but to Montreal for the convention. I overhear my mother and my brother talking about my injury and I hear "he could die"! I immediately speak up asking them what's going on. They nervously say "Nothing's going on. We'll be at the assembly in a couple of hours".

This was a hard memory for me...I wonder where my anger stems from. I guess this is a start.

g

• Gadget
    Gadget

((((Gespro))))

I've got a lot of anger too.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

(((((((Gespro)))))) I feel you.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

What a cold-hearted woman. (I'd say other things, but they're not allowed here.)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

That sux.
    What kind of mother damages her kid and then completely covers it over?

I suspect this is but one story of many. She sounds a little highly strung (understatement of the month) and I can see how that would affect an emerging personality.

I'm outta words, on this one...

• dustyb
    dustyb

i got one sentence....**** THAT.

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

My mother received "the truth" just before I was born. My older brother now relates to me that she was much different before then. I always knew her as an angry woman, yet my bro explains how she was not wound so tite prior to studying. I watched the same transformation in my exwife as she began to study and get baptized. Before, she was normal and happy, and now, she is an angry lunatic, and she became so bad that CPS assisted in the removal of our children from her JW home and placed them into my care. She is constantly telling the children at ever opportunity how I will die at armageddon and how I am evil and under Satan's control. My aunt is the same and I know there is a pattern.

When I was a young boy, I would often find my mom in an angry trance-like state. If I were to ask her for something to eat, for example, she would snap out of her glazed-eyed anger trance and scream at me violently. I would have preferred a smack instead for she crushed my spirit in ways she cannot ever know.

Thanks for your story, I appreciated it and I feel it too.

Hunyadi

• Brummie
    Brummie

damn gespro, what a hard memory to have! looks like you are self discovering the cause of your current anger. Hope there is healing going on for you.

Anyone could understand your anger towards what happened to you as a child.

Brummie

• Angharad
    Angharad

((((gespro)))

What a painful memory. I cant understand how anyone can do that to their child

• Sassy
    Sassy

Wow Gespro. I'm sorry.. so sorry..

Have you ever talked to your brother as an adult about it? I'm just flabbergasted........

((((((GESPRO))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit