Witness Speak

by Flash 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Flash
    Flash

What controlling statements or questions do you remember hearing or using most? My all time favorite is, "Isn't this GOD'S organization? And shouldn't we OBEY GOD's organization?? Makes me want to PUKE!

• dustyb
    dustyb

apparently, obviously and all of those good words....uhm, listen to god's organization, the GB are god's only source of communication all tha bullshit. sounds like mormons too...

• Odrade
    Odrade

"I still believe 'Basic Bible Truths'" ... as soon as you hear that you know they are seriously disappointed in their fellow congregants, but can't leave because critical thinking is still circumvented by this expression.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    critical thinking is still circumvented by this expression

That's a really good observation, Odrade. I've known many who really should have left but this expression kept them in and unhappy.

SNG

• shamus
    shamus

I stand back now in awe and look at they're circular reasoning. It's so utterly stupid it's hard to put it into words;

You do that in Excel and an error message comes up. A witness does it and they feel "proud" to have "the troof".

• heathen
    heathen

I hate the expression --- We do not go beyond what is written . It is so friggen obvious that they do on numerous accounts that this expression is just a statement of denial .

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Just the term "The Truth" is enough to make me ill. Once my mom mentioned my struggle with depression was so bad because I "left The Truth". I spouted back to her that was the case then according to Jesus Sermon on the Mount, I was on the right track: Happy are those that mourn, since they will be comforted. She didn't like that for some reason.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

All the talk about having a "personal" relationship with God and making the truth your own...But then not trusting your heart because it was more treacherous than anything and desperate too. So how then could you make the truth your own if you couldn't trust yourself? How can you trust God if you can't trust yourself that you can trust God? How can you have a personal relationship with God when the GB is standing in the way? What a maze of confusion...

• cypher50
    cypher50

The one phrase that irks me the most these days is what every Witness seems to say when I tell them I disassociated myself: How do you think Jehovah feels? How can you turn you back on him?

I feel like pimp-slapping them for saying that...how they can be so arrogant as to say that I am turning my back on God just because I don't believe that a book publisher in NYC is his organization is beyond me...

• Joysome
    Joysome

Here's my favorite right now. My mom tells me you need to understand that you sinned against Jehovah. I didn't sin against her. So i'm thinking if that's the case why is it that I can't talk to you but yet you still tell me that I can pray to Jehovah. I mean if I sinned against him wouldn't it make sense that he wouldn't want me to talk to him? I don't know that irritates me right now.

Another thing that irritates me now is my mom thinks that I party all the time. She thinks I got df'd just simply because I wanted to have 60 seconds of pleasure (yes she says that). I do party on the weekends but that's not what it's all about. I plan on going to school this fall and I still work everyday and take care of myself. I'm maintaining my own apartment. It's about self-discovery. I don't hate the organization like some do here but there are a lot of things that I disagree with though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit