Witness Speak

by Flash 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Special K
    Special K

Shamus.. You da man.....

Never thought of it that way......"circular reasoning"........It's so true.. They they teach in one big circle...a continuous loop.

then they make a change in beliefs and chuck it in . But the circular loop is still going too fast that alot don't even notice it.

sucks...

sincerely

Special K

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I hate to hear them say.... "the modern-day parallel". There's nothing to suggest there would be a modern day parallel... there will need to be modern-day parallels of modern-day parallels if they go on with it much longer.

And all the other things also mentioned - this is god's organization, etc. all of it... can't stand it!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

When ever I would bring up leaving the WTS I would get these wonderful replys:

"How could you leave jehover?"

"Where else will you go?"

"Don't you appreciate the bible truths you have learned from jehover?"

Newspeak ala '1984', gotta love it.

• shotgun
    shotgun

God has always had a visible earthly organization.....Yup and it's always been corrupt!

J.f Rutherford discovered new truths.....J.F Rutherford could find a snowflake in a blizzard!

Lets be thankful to the FDS class who provide bible truths to us.....Thank you FDS...btw if I donate another 10 dollars I'll have enough votes to kick your ass out into the street.

• Loris
    Loris

"Living up to your dedication" If Jesus died to repurchase all of mankind then our lives belong to him. How can I then dedicate my life to Jehovah? It's not mine to give. Isn't "living up to your dedication" a way to judge others in the congregation? O Look at Jane, she hardly ever goes in service, when is the last time she gave a talk in the ministry school? She is definitly not living up to her dedication.

We tell people that the Trinity is wrong because you can't find the word in the Bible. Try looking up the word dedication in connection with baptism. Or the word organization. Both concepts are a no show.

Loris

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Try looking up the word dedication in connection with baptism. Or the word organization. Both concepts are a no show.

Loris

Same story with the word 'DF'

It's not in the bible.

In fact, it's not even in the English dictionary.

And that my friends is the best example of Orwelian Newspeak.

Making up a word to take a negative action and turn it into a positive spin.

Disfellowship sounds like you have your circle of friends limited.

When in actuality it is good ole' fashioned SHUNNING.

The Scarlet Letter right down to big red Letter 'A' for apostasy.

• Flash
    Flash

"What a wonderful organization we belong too!" Usually said with a toothy grin.
    This is another one that makes me want to 'hurl chunks.'

• flower
    flower

'Make the truth your own'

'Weak in the faith'

'Spiritually strong'

'Good comment'

'and it reads..'

'in jesus name ..amen'

'wordly people'

'worldwide brotherhood'

just a few of the terms that make me wanna vomit.

• Flash
    Flash

You guys reminded me of some I've forgotten. As I think back on it, it seems a large percentage of typical Witness dialog was governed by these kind of clichéd and manipulative phrases.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit