Do you ever have a kingdom melody in your head?

by itsallgoodnow 26 Replies latest jw friends

• reboot
    reboot

..' make the truth your own, shun bad ways do not condone.......' has been in my head for years ........

I read yesterday that sucking licorice will actually get rid of annoying repetiive thoughts...something to do with the strong taste...we'll have to try it.

• Gopher
    Gopher

(Sung with a German accent)

---------------------------------------------------------

Loy---al ve all need to be

Far FROM this vorld ve keep free

As ve feed on da troof

And keep inte---gri-----ty!

• shera
    shera

You know,I don't remember one song...yay!

• reboot
    reboot

Shera's officially normal.......recovery complete

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I've been out for over a decade and I can still fall victim to "We Are Jehovah's Witnesses" if I still deign to remind myself of that annoying song.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Those kingdom melodies are no match for these guys:

brang it on, kingdom melodies -- BRING IT ON!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I have been out for a year and do wake up in the middle of the night with some of those tunes in my head--especially the ones I hated the most (think it must have been part of the programming). I really never liked most of the kingdom songs--many of them were so corny, but I pretended like the rest to enjoy the whole experience. Remember when the WT would encourage wholesome association and mention that getting together singing kingdom melodies was a very good thing to do. I never knew anyone who did that, but it was pictured there in the magazines--young people sitting around in boring sterile looking living rooms, wearing their casual dress clothes, serving lemonade and strumming along on the guitar to those rousing kingdom melodies--can you imagine any young people doing this??? ( a few excerps off the top of my head) "Let's watch how we walk and watch how we talk and stumble none in our minestry!" OR "they are neat and well prepared and oh so polite" OR We can fight with all our might to overcome it"OR "our is the god of true prophesy--what he foretells comes to be OR Forward go--fearlessly go! as an army let us go To combat the wicked foe....AAAAHHHHHHH It's too much...I can't go on....

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Remember when the WT would encourage wholesome association and mention that getting together singing kingdom melodies was a very good thing to do. I never knew anyone who did that,

Well, you didn't know my friends! There were a few who really wanted to do this, and I was pressed into service because I was the piano player. It all seems 'corny' now like you said.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Gopher, did you wear a V-neck sweater or a plaid shirt with your casual dress slacks?

• reboot
    reboot

Nilfun; a woman after my own heart-seeing them was the best night out I had last year...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit