Do you ever have a kingdom melody in your head?

by itsallgoodnow 26 Replies latest jw friends

• gespro
    gespro

Ah yes....The Shulamite maiden

so lovely and fair...

I've heard some very familiar melodies come out of Micheal Jackson's mouth, too.

Did you know:

That ole stick in the mud Knorr was hesitant to have brass instruments playing the melodies on those 1966 songs until one arranger/trombonist showed him how mellow the songs would sound?

...and now you know.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I can't remember any of the songs, not even one melody. Of course I can't remember much else either. It all seems sort of like another life I lived in another world. Sometimes something reminds me of my past life and I get meloncholy, but I get over it pretty quick.

Ken P.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I've been out for 20 years and have forgotten most of them. They had just gotten the "baby shit brown" song book around the time that I left. It had a number of new songs, which fortunately I didn't have to listen to. However, I do remember one song that sounded like it was ripped off from the Loony Tunes cartoon theme music. Do they still play it at the KH?

• cypher50
    cypher50

Oh great, now they are all coming back...THANKS A LOT!

• gespro
    gespro

I'm sure this link will be very popular

http://www.terra.es/personal2/online/index.htm

Go ahead. IF YOU DARE...

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

It's okay, it's okay. Just sing a Christmas song and it'll all be okay....

SNG

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Funny story about kingdom melodies, tho.

When I was about 19, one of my best friends, D, was dating my cousin, T. One sun-shiny Saturday morning, I called up D to ask if he wanted to shoot some hoops, and he said, "Naw....I think I'm going to propose to T today." He said he planned to propose at an upscale restaurant, a really nice bistro with a grand piano right in the middle. I happened to know the guy that played the piano there, because I had done a project with him at school the previous quarter. Suddenly, I thought it would be really cool to have him play a Kingdom Melody while they were there. Just kind of mix it in, make T wonder a little bit.

D thought it was a great idea. What song would it be? "We're Jehovah's Witnesses," he responded. "That song means a lot to T." It seemed an odd choice to me, but sure, I thought, and told him I would arrange it. Five minutes later, I was rolling on the ground laughing with my friend, thinking how funny it would be to hear "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" playing at a bistro all the sudden. "D is under a lot of stress - clearly he's not thinking straight," my friend said. We picked "Loyal Love" as the much more appropriate song to play for the occasion.

Everything worked out. I got my friend the song book, D slipped him a 20 for playing the piece, T accepted the proposal, and they lived happily ever after. Just be happy that "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" wasn't a part of the scene.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit