Good article about the NWT

by starfish422 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Faraon
    Faraon

Scholar,

The article quoted by you at Freeminds is a shoddy criticism of the NWT.

This is your prejudiced view

The NWT is indisputably the finest and most accurate translation of the Bible ever made.

This is your influenced estimation

It does not require the endorsement of any non Witness scholar because the scholarly community is envious of the fact that the Witnesses are the beneficiares of this transaltion and have resolved to make it accessible to all peoples of the earth in their searching for the true God, Jehovah.

Why would envious scholars have resolved to make it accessible to all people??

It does not require the endorsement of any non Witness scholar?

Given the predisposed interpretation shown in the NWT, no serious scholar would give it either.

A witness scholar would be an oxymoron, given the WT track on higher education views.

,,,because the scholarly community is envious..

This is your opinion and an outright lie.

?of the fact that the Witnesses are the beneficiares of this transaltion?

Partly true. Millions of dollars of free labor keep their bank accounts swollen, but it only benefits the top management.

?and have resolved to make it accessible to all peoples of the earth?

They can get bible information for free at http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?language=english free of charge and can compare it to others or in different languages.

They can also go to http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/ and see how beautiful the bible is, and get links to other bibles from there such as Strong?s Concordance, the Jewish bible, the blue letter bible, etc. http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/versions.html They don?t charge or ask for donations with an outstretched hand. They do it for free.

Even the Catholic Church has its Encyclopedia on-line at http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/ I would like to see all the Watchtower materials on-line. They wouldn?t dare. People would leave in droves.

?in their searching for the true God, Jehovah

Again, this is a biased opinion. There are many gods, and Jehovah is the worst of them all. Even as mythology, he sounds even worse than the devil.

...This translation is a powerful demonstration of the activity of Holy Spirit...

Only if he has taught the publishing company destructive cult practices of mind control.

?in using unknown anointed Christians and others in producing a scholarly work that triumphantly honours the Author of Holy Scripture.

Loaded language. For a scholar, you are pretty biased. Any fifth-grade American student can see that all you use is opinions and not facts.

There were many authors of the bible, and many previously inspired books taken out by vote. It amazes me that someone with an MA in religion does not know that.

There is no translation within Christendom that can be placed alongside the NWT for accuracy, style and trans- lingual facility.

They wouldn?t want to be near that garbage, either. If you were a true scholar, of which you haven?t shown any evidence, you wouldn?t touch it with a thousand-mile pole.

The Watch Tower Society has demonstrated a capacity for multi translations from English into other tongues and so the NWT is the only multi lingual Bible ever published. Tell that to Metzger, Rowley, Martin and others of their ilk.

So what? It only proves that the publishing corporation has business savvy. It doesn?t prove that Jehovah wrote the computer programs for those translations.

scholar

BA MA Studies in Religion

But afraid to get into a debate with peacefulpete, Narkissos, or Leolaia; who show a superior religious knowledge to yours, but aren?t flashing any credentials

Faraon

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    scholar

BA MA Studies in Religion

What institution? Who was on your committee? What was the title of your thesis and was it published?

Asleif, put your money where your mouth is class

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Scolder,

I took the liberty to correct your post.

The article quoted by you at Freeminds is an outstanding expose of the NWT. The NWT is indisputably the shoddiest and most inaccurate translation of the Bible ever made. It does not have the endorsement of any non-Witness scholar because the scholarly community is oblivious of the fact that the Witnesses idolize this translation and have resolved to make it a product to be sold to all peoples of the earth in their searching for the true God, Jehovah. This translation is a powerful demonstration of the activity of a Spirit medium in using unknowledgeable Cretans and others in producing a scholarly wreck that triumphantly exposes the doctrines of the Watchtower and Bible Trap Society. There is no translation within Christendom that can be placed alongside the NWT without much hysteria. Style and trans- lingual facilities are thrown to the wind. The Watch Tower Society has demonstrated a capacity for multiple orgasms from English into other tongues and so the NWT is the only multi-orgasmic Bible ever published. Smell that from Metzger, Rowley, Martin and others of their milk.

Scolder

BS MS Studs in Religion

Pseudo

The search for truth is more precious than its possession

--Albert Einstein (03/14/1879-1955)

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scholar,

The NWT is certainly not the worst translation that I have researched and used, but certainly not the best.

Of course all the criticisms leveled at it by theologists outside of the WTS will be viewed by you, despite your claim to academic impartiality, as a thinly veiled attack by Satan The Devil against the Mountain Of The House Of Jehovah. One of my close friends in Writing once confided to me that his job of research as a JW was to sift through manure ( other religious writings ) to find the pearl ( anything that agreed with WTS teachings ) - you rather remind me of him.

On thing is certain, your defensive attitude regarding the NWT has about as much credibility attached to it as the East Germans from the old Communist guard, claiming that the two-stroke Tabi was superior in construction to the Cadillac. It is amazing what nonsense is spoken when it is uttered through an agenda.

Best regards - HS

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Scholar's back!!!! Wooohoooooo!!!!!!! Farkel, come and join us!!!

SC Guy,

What are you talking about? This guy has been on the board for one hell of a lot longer than you. Try looking at his post history before making statements like that. His intentions are obvious.

I'll second that! Scholar still hasn't taken me up on the invitation to let me introduce his apologetics to his local body of elders - we come from the same area, if you know what I mean.

He got 'bagged' over his egotistical use of his post nominals. For a post or two he managed to sign off without them but not for long!! Now here he's back again! Scholar, l Look mate, people here aren't impressed by titles. Don't you understand that your points will stand or fall on the strength of their argument, not on your Sydney degree. BTW you've never seen me quote any theological qualification, have you? Yet I also have studied theology near to you. Now as for the NWT, well, how can we take this seriously:

The NWT is indisputably the finest and most accurate translation of the Bible ever made.

A genuine scholar never, ever resorts to generalisations.

anointed Christians

Are there any other kind?

the Witnesses are the beneficiares of this transaltion

From whom? wasn't it arranged and translated by the Witnesses themselves?

accessible to all peoples of the earth in their searching for the true God, Jehovah.

This is where you acknowledge that the Dubs still haven't found Him, and don't know Him!!

• Faraon
    Faraon

Leolaia,

scholar.....wtf is "trans-lingual facility"?

I think this is when a tongue goes through something.

And that is a no-no in JWland lol

• scholar
    scholar

hilary_step

You say that the NWT is not the worst translation ever made but it certainly is not the best, This implies that you know of a better transaltion. What then in your opinion is a better translation and Why?

I do not regard criticisms of the NWT as arising from Devili inspired attacks but simply arise out of fear, prejudice and poor scholarship. I have personally met the hallowed Metzger some years ago at Macquarie University when he was invited as a guest scholar by the Society of Early Christianity. Metzger is regarded as one of the foremost NT scholars and was one of the earliest critics of the NWT. His conduct at that conference failed to impress two very eager Witness Regular Pioneers who saw his approach first hand with a Higher Critic.

scholar

• Gordy
    Gordy
    The Watch Tower Society has demonstrated a capacity for multi translations from English into other tongues and so the NWT is the only multi lingual Bible ever published. Tell that to Metzger, Rowley, Martin and others of their ilk.

Oh Please! The British and Foreign Bible Society and other such societies,were publishing Bibles in many languages before the WT even thought of the NWT.

And this man calls himself a scholar!!!

He is just like the Pharisees who were annoyed about the disciples being "unlettered men".

Act 4:13 "

Now as they observed the confidence of Peter and John and understood that they were uneducated and untrained men, they were amazed, and {began} to recognize them as having been with Jesus." NASB

1Cr 1:20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit