Good article about the NWT

by starfish422 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• starfish422
    starfish422

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/nwt.htm

This is from the Freeminds website. I love reading quotes in their full context and realizing how much the "brothers" have chopped them up to suit their own purposes. As usual.

• scholar
    scholar

starfish422

The article quoted by you at Freeminds is a shoddy criticism of the NWT. The NWT is indisputably the finest and most accurate translation of the Bible ever made. It does not require the endorsement of any non Witness scholar because the scholarly community is envious of the fact that the Witnesses are the beneficiares of this transaltion and have resolved to make it accessible to all peoples of the earth in their searching for the true God, Jehovah. This translation is a powerful demonstration of the activity of Holy Spirit in using unknown anointed Christians and others in producing a scholarly work that triumphantly honours the Author of Holy Scripture. There is no translation within Christendom that can be placed alongside the NWT for accuracy, style and trans- lingual facility. The Watch Tower Society has demonstrated a capacity for multi translations from English into other tongues and so the NWT is the only multi lingual Bible ever published. Tell that to Metzger, Rowley, Martin and others of their ilk.

scholar

BA MA Studies in Religion

• bebu
    bebu

Scholar,

Oops. The satire in this is unmistakable... You've blown your cover.

Thanks for the good chuckle.

bebu

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Scholar,

Bit of an edge huh, How do you really feel?

• shamus
    shamus

Scholar,

I like how you need to put your "title" or "position" or "reverent position" every time that you post. It only shows how truly arrogant you are.

I wouldn't doubt if you're some weirdo living in a van down by the river, IMO. You should consider getting back on your meds before you can get better.

Why do you think that we should believe that you are who you say you are? Do you really think that we're that stupid?

Well, I did read that link you provided, and it was nice to see some real bible critics give they're opinions. Not some weirdo who lives in a van down by the river.

Brian

B.A. Got honors.

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

I once posted that scholar should add a BS to all of the other degrees, because that is what seems to come out the most. then he can add a PhD to the whole mess (Pile higher & Deeper).

He really does like to put the credentials on the end of his posts. Just because a person gets religfious degrees makes them an expert on the religious bend oof every discusion.

• undercover
    undercover
    The NWT is indisputably the finest and most accurate translation of the Bible ever made.

It is disputable. It has been disputed. It will continue to be disputed. All translations are disputable. Just because you choose to accept the NWT as your translation of choice does not make your blanket statement a fact. Just because the WTS claims that the NWT is the best, doesn't mean all other translators or scholars agree.

I will accept your above statement as fact, however, if you show documentation of ALL scholars, translators, experts, etc that wholeheatedly agree that the NWT is the finest and most accurate translation of the Bible ever made.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Scholar I will accept that the NWT is probably more accurate than the King James -- good scholars do not make blanket statements -- they also allow critical comparison and review

• jgnat
    jgnat

Scholar knows how to spell shoddy.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

"From what your parents have told me, you haven't been using you paper for writing but for rolling doobies.

And there'll be a lot a doobie rolling when YOUR'RE LIVING IN VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER. "

~Sorry, didn't mean to bump scholar's thread.

shamus, you got mail

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit