How Worldy Are You?

by Golf 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I decided that the old cliche' : To thine ownself be true is best for me. For me it means I have to be who I was born to be: a worldling. I am very worldly.

Heather

• Golf
    Golf

Carmen, so living the works of the flesh constitute worldliness compared to manifesting the fruits of the Spirit? Galations 5:19-24

That being the case, many, many active JW's are worldly!

Guest 77

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Worldly is a somewhat archaic term that the JW misapply to mean everyone that isnt a JW.

Worldly is in the past would be close to what we would call streetwise. It has to do with pride, being opportunistic, getting ahead by taking advantage, hedonistic, not sacrificing, basically being your own god. All the warm and fuzzy traits that make a well rounded corporate executive.

I have thought about this before. I have tried to be worldly and I am just not all that worldly at heart. I do alot of things that dubs would call worldly but in reality are things everyone does, even dubs.

• Golf
    Golf

Firstinline. The org's definition of worldliness isn't really defined. I agree with your comment that, "I do a lot of things that dubs would call worldly but in reality are things everyone does, even dubs." That raises the question, are mundane things worldly?

I guess anything and everything we do that's not devoted in the interest of the 'corporation,' is worldly. In other words, we should neglect our families, friends and ourselves and seek first the corporation's interest! Since when did God's Kingdom become a corporation. If Jesus were living in 'our' generation would he have a Christian corporation? Wouldn't that be worldly? He did say that his Kingdom is not of this world.

Guest 77

• bakedmonkeepie
    bakedmonkeepie

100% here..... I am definitely "bad association that can spoil useful habits"..... :^)

• Xena
    Xena

depends on how you define wordly. By dub standards I am certainly "worldly"....by bible standards I suppose I am too....I consider myself to be somewhat earthy with spiritual overtones....kinda like a nice merlot perhaps

• bisous
    bisous

I'm am so "of the world"....

Every day I try to be a little more "of the world"

I am a woman "of the world"Weight Of The World

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Guess i was always a bit "worldly" as the JWs called it because i maintained my non-JW friendships over the years...Many of these were like family to me and it didn't make any sense to shut them out, besides that they were way more interesting than any of my new JW friends and continued to be so over the years. They were also a whole lot more supportive than the JW ones in the long run. They were probably part of my JW downfall, because when I looked at them over the years compared with my JW friends they were a whole lot more loving and normal. Now I am out and can enjoy these worldlings even more than I did before--in fact i have to keep myself from gushing over them at this point in my life. I love them more for hanging in with me through my crazy JW period of life--they are made of some pretty strong stuff to endure that. I LOVE THEM ALL....gush...gush

• Maverick
    Maverick

I am a totally innocent, sweet, spiritual person. I know nothing of the world. I live a sheltered life and have never been anywhere...but Bethel and Conventions and Assemblies. I don't read anything but WTS publications, watch no TV and never go to the movies! I wear a tie always...even to bed. When I have impure thoughts I take showers...long, cold showers! I am the perfect JW. I have never touched a gun, or tobacco, or alcohol. I live at home, have a job washing windows and I am in bed by 10 PM. My Mom says I can date when I turn 50! That's just a year away...any sisters interested? Maverick

• Golf
    Golf

Thanks for the laugh Maverick. I'm lucky I've never been that brainwashed by the dubs even after all the years I've known them, but then again, I've been in and out a few lengthy times. I guess I can thank all my worldly company. I pity those who have been locked in all their lives. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit