How Worldy Are You?

by Golf 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Golf
    Golf

Basically, I have had more contacts and relationships in my lifetime with worldy people than JW's. Does this make me a worldy person? I even married a worldly girl. Without these contacts and relationships, I would not be where I am today. Let me tell you, I have no regrets in my choices. In the standard eyes of JW, I would be considered a rebel. What did you consider worldliness to be? What part of worldliness has helped your life?

Thoughts and comments are welcomed

Guest 77

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I'm a WORLDLY GIRL!

• Golf
    Golf

WG, my wife may have been a worldy girl, but she's always been a spiritual person.

Guest 77

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Hm... I deny that Jesus is God on a routine basis.

CZAR

• Golf
    Golf

With a nickname like,cazar -of -mischief' how can you not be worldly?

Guest 77

• shamus
    shamus

I'm pretty god dammed worldly, guest 77.

If those pricks came to my door, especially an elder, I'd tell them where to go no problem. Only christian like... LOL!

• Sassy
    Sassy

For those of us who no longer consider ourselves JWs or participate in any JW activities, doesn't that make us 'worldly' any way?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The word "worldly" is cult language meant to isolate. The JWs limit the definition of cults as groups who physically isolate themselves fromt the world, however that is not necessary. What isolates a person is ideological and psychological. The Ahmish for example while shopping going to public places regard the world outside the cult as "English". In this way they are identical with the JWs.

I wish to be a memeber of the human race, the less I see myself as separate from it and superior to it the better and more balanced person I become. Behavior that I judge unhealthy of harmful I avoid to best of my ability but these behaviors are not what define the human race outside the cult of JWs.

• Golf
    Golf

PP, I'm with you. Labeling people is not bag. Labeling misses out on the human aspect of the individual man and women.

The WTBST is worldly. Where did they get their Charter to be incorporated? The World, this system of things. Yes, they have limit the word worldy to their definition. What 'world' did Jesus have in mind when he said, no part of the world? Hmmmmm touching the 'unclean' thing by having a library card at the UN is not worldly? Thanks for your thoughts.

Guest 77

• Carmel
    Carmel

You raise a good question about Jesus' intent. Certainly He wanted his followers to refrain from a lot of what the world was all about but He never said that we should be disengaged from it. How could we spread the gospel if we did not engage the "worldly" people. There are millions of people that do not call themselves Christian that behave in a manner as Jesus intented. Are they worldly? My vote is that they are not as the term is being used by JWs.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit