Money and the Meetings a Problem?

by Blueblades 13 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin
    Our advice to him/her was to be true to ones self even though this would be financially difficult.

S(he) would not be alone - it happens to many who are DA or DF. Personally, it was worth it. Not that it is always easy, but ... does s(he) want to live in a gilded cage or be free to soar the skies?

t

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Matthew 27:27-30:

Peter answered him, "We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?" Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

Joan Cetnar was heir to the S.S. Kresge fortune, and was cut off from every penny of it because she left Jehovah's Witnesses. Perhaps having a conversation with her wouldn't be a bad idea. You'd be talking to a person who has something much better than a pile of money.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My mom thought she could control my affections by writing me in and out of her will. I refused to play her game. When she finally got fed up with all her kids (we weren't visiting often enough), she called us all up and let us know all the money was going to charity. I told her, "Good for you. You have a right to do with your money whatever you want, if it makes you happy."

I don't know where I sit on the will these days, but it really does not matter. She enjoys writing and rewriting her will, so why should I deny her that small pleasure?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Integrity is an very important trait to me...the most important.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit