the end is so close

by buffalosrfree 14 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

God can you believe, it speaker talking about the end being so near we just have to keep going out in the territory (bother people who don't want to talk with us) and keep the magazines moving because the end is near. She said you could here uh huh from some of the braindead. the truly brain dead there just eat it up, can't believe people can still believe that after all the failures. The speaker then had the audacity to bring up sisters who are single raising a family and being able to work full time, make all meetings, raise their children in the borg, train them in the field ministry and then be upbuilt by the elders (this bull shit) its just keeps getting worse. Buff

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

The org continues to feed on the desperation of its people. Someone brought out in another post that the org was a short term operation. It was not ment to continue for over one hundred years. Jesus was supposed to arrive, according to Brother Russell, before the nineteenth century ended. So what you have today is the promisses of yesterday, fed over and over again, (regurgetated), to hungry followers. The problem is there is so little nourishment left to "feed" the flock that people are starving and will just about "eat" or swollow anything, including last centuries promisses.

CornerStone

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

CornerStone:

It was one of my posts that you made reference too. You followed it through and capped my thoughts perfectly.

So what you have today is the promises of yesterday, fed over and over again, (regurgitated), to hungry followers.

And how pitifully sad is that?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I guess it would be necessary to pull a "Clinton" on this one and ask for the definition of "near".

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Buff,

They are right, though, aren't they? The end is close, and it's getting closer day by day. Just how many days, months, years, is the unknown factor. And that's what the borg plays on. Over the years it has set definite time periods with precise dates and then there was this generation 'thing'. Whilst ever they can instil a belief that the end is imminent, they can wield their authority. After all, which JW would want to risk dieing at Armageddon when it's so 'close'?

I find it interesting that still Public Talk speakers and others are talking as if the generation from 1914 was still a literal period. Anyone else noticed that?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

Freedom is not having to wear a tie.

• JT
    JT

ozziepost says:

I find it interesting that still Public Talk speakers and others are talking as if the generation from 1914 was still a literal period. Anyone else noticed that?
    ###############

everyone i have talked to in the last 3 months often say that speakers are still using that dogma since it's in thier outline for public talks- they have never UPDATED THEIR OUTLINES

smile - how sad

james

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

jt, It is true the elders don't have updated outlines or rather I should say updated lies, because lies are their trademark, tell a bunch of lies and the braindead will just parrot them. I sometimes think that Bill Clinton patterened his political lies and speeches after the WTB&TS think about it, you have to parse everything that is said by him, and also the society. buff

• JAVA
    JAVA

Red,

I guess it would be necessary to pull a "Clinton" on this one and ask for the definition of "near".

lol--good one! At least Clinton didn't try screwing our global environment; we can't say that about Bush. Of course the Tower has already defined what near is: "1874, 1914, 1918, 1919, Millions Now Living Will Never Die (1920), 1925, 1975, before end of 20th century".

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• logical
    logical

The end is close?

Oh no What can I do?

Ive heard of people saying the end is here and then the day after the end everything is normal. I thought that was strange, as the end is just like before the end. Or maybe its some sort of trip. I dont know.

• qwerty
    qwerty

The WTS have cried wolf that many times people think "the end is coming" is a joke!

I believe it will come. Jesus said to keep awake.

Satan could be behind the borg, you know an angel of light, misleading many to think they are in The "truth". Using them to proclaim a false message/counterfeit one and because they have got it wrong so many times they would then be blood guilty, when the end does come.

qwerty

"The truth is more important than the facts. "
    - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit