Were You Ever Counseled For Your Attitude or Because You Didn't Measure Up?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

I had a hard time min..

I never measured up.......

but also.

My freakin' dresses never "measured down" far enough. LOL

sincerely

Special K

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

JH,

I had the same experience. The way I handled it was, that even though some months I would get more than enough hours to Auxilliary pioneer, I never did so. I just held onto the hours "in the bank", so to speak, and I'd make darn sure that I always had 10 hours or more per month to report. Worked for me.

• Special K
    Special K

Just a side thought min.. on the "dresses not measuring up"..

About a year after my husband and I was disfellowshipped, my hubby took me out shopping and bought me the most beautiful, bold purple suede mini-skirt you ever saw... I loved that skirt and I don't have to say that he "really" liked it too.

sincerely

Special K

• minimus
    minimus

Funny thing.....SpecialK for some reason U always thought you were a man. Would you please put your pic on the board with mini and all?

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Oh yeah, my tops were too low, my skirts too short and my pants (not inthe KH !) were too baggy or too low, I didn't have enough (any) congregation approved friends, not enough hours in service (avg 2) and skipped most meetings, R-rated movies (what crap), rap music, loud music, going to night clubs, working too much, going to college - but skipping the meetings, driving too fast... and that's just some of the stuff they knew about.

Whoa Nelly - I'm sooooo bad!

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

I was'nt allowed to wear anything revealing...but somehow It was my fault that boys where lusting after me.

• minimus
    minimus

Isn't that something how you can still get blamed for other people's problems??? They blame YOU because THEY sinned and then the elders counsel BOTH of you! HA!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit