Were You Ever Counseled For Your Attitude or Because You Didn't Measure Up?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman
    I got counselled several times. Once for a rumour that went round the congregation that I had drunk 5 pints. I was told that "you wouldn't drink 5 pints of tea, would you?" so you must be drinking for the effect of alcohol!!! shock - horror!

I've seen you put away a damn sight more pints than that! Englishman.

• minimus
    minimus

Happyman, no more service report lying (theocratic strategy) for me!

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

An elder told a sister I had a bad attitude, but he didn't have the courage to tell me personally. I showed up unannonced at an elders house when this elder was there, and stormed right in. I think they crapped their pants!!! It's hard to have a good attitude to people who constantly abuse others, whether in the family or congregation, glad I had my say. You only can take so much WT--BS.

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

I was ignored. I should have been counseled, I was irregular in service. I wasn't worth their time. The funny thing is, if they would have shown some interest and encouragement, it would have helped me tremendously, I was one of those humble types. At the time, I felt so bad about myself, I thought why even bother. And now I'm here :-)

Hapgood

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

I always didn't measure up, according to the "glorious Ones" there was a time - one of many - when ...

The Kingdom ministry sheet suggested using "good readers" for the Watchtower, this did not say the BEST readers, the Glorious Ones put their own interpretation on this subject and decided that "only three of the existing readers were officially taken off reading, I questioned this counsel which obviously got into a heated situation where the circuit overseer got involved, the long and short of it was that they had to make a public apology to the congregation because of the absurdity of what then when on i.e. brothers not reading the the groups but sisters reading over and above brothers..... all visitors to the groups were extremely confused as to what was going on.

This is the point, this is where I was counselled... we had a Watchtower item regarding the book of Ezekiel where it spoke of "fat shepherds" - in my WT answer I substituted the words Fat Shepherds for the appropriate name FAT ELDERS, then went on to relate what they had done... Within two minutes of arriving home from the meeting I was summond to a meeting with elders, my comment was "why have you not gone thro' Matthew chapter.5 and 18. the correct procedure to deal with things. Their answer - ..This was too serious !!!! As you have read they had to make an UNRESERVED APOLOGY for the way that they handled the situation.

This is one small point - I could write a book on this subject !

Kaytee

• outnfree
    outnfree

E-man,

Ball. was only in training stages back then.

Min,

Does being handed SEVENTEEN PAGES of excerpts from WT articles count? They were on training my children and being submissive to Jehovah while honoring my husband's headship. This was my very last shepherding call, btw. They are such dolts!

out

• minimus
    minimus

OUT-----if the elders gave you that much info, they must've really liked you.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

All the time in Bethel! Almost weekly! Rap music, tasteless jokes, unauthorized use of equipment, it was endless!

Thank God Bethel was only a years commintment, or I would have went Postal!

• shamus
    shamus

I got counselled for many meanlingless things; I would just tell them that I did not agree with them and would just keep on doing what I was doing.

Frankly, I didn't give two shits about they're "man made" rules.

• minimus
    minimus

You can't disagree with those that counsel you, guys......That's not being humble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit