JWs & "generations"

by Magnum 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

About to take kids and dog to the dog park. Life is good.

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

Morpheus, go get your revenge!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Honestly, I was actually kinda surprised they put out that video trying to explain the "overlapping generation" a while back.

I suspect letters were being sent in by respected, loyal BOEs expressing difficulty in clarifying it to the R&F, so the GB figured they'd better address it somehow (like the "false prophets" thing back in the 60s).

Then Splane drew the short straw (or the guys who voted for him to do it were old Lucy fans and had at least that much of a sense of humor).

:smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

zeb -

• The gb have run out of ideas.
    • Bethel leaks like a seive and there is by that account a lot of very disillusioned people there.
    • The web reveals almost by the week another sex abuse scandal or financial loss by the wts (by whatever name)
    • The web also reveals a history dotted with failed predictions and destroyed lives (Malawi)
    • There are former Bethel people who now work actively against the wt by revealing more and more frequently (think Barbara and Alexandra James plus so many published books by survivors)
    • There has been the ARC in Australia, an inquiry in the UK into the 'charitable' work of the wt there.
    • Here in Australia the pious reluctance of the wt to sign on to the National Redress Scheme for those abused is starting to glow.
    • Spain and Iceland have put the wt in their sights for usurping the law with 'judicial committees'.
    • The huge class action against wt in Canada is under way.
    • The Russian Federation has all but banned jw .(the gb visited Russia with properties at stake but refused to attend Australia with children at stake)
    • The 'world wide expansion work' is now the world wide reduction work as kh built by volunteer labor and donated funds and some times on donated land are sold off."

Not a pretty picture.

Ten bucks says they really do think the End is nigh...

...'cause I'm having trouble imagining them not thinking, "how it could go on much longer?"...

:smirk:

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

" This Generation " doctrine from 1914 was a calculated apostate lie or false doctrine, for it went against Jesus's own instructions for preaching his kingdom but was utilized nevertheless to enhance the proliferation of the WTS's own publications.

Its quite possible that the WTS will let 1914 go or fade out of the main doctrinal structure of the organization , a few more years when older active JWS die off , yes I can see that happening.

They intentionally spun it a bit to keep face concerning 1914 but it was always a false doctrine against bible scripture and the words of Jesus Christ.

What did Jesus say about false Prophets ?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Ten bucks says they really do think the End is nigh...

That is: THEIR END!

Image result for fingers crossed emoji

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

It seems like turning their backs on 1914 will get next to impossible.
    To many people, my age (50s) would just flip out over that.
    It invalidates everything.

The only other thing the could change that would be as big a shock to the R&F would be saying Evolution is right.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

As an ex Jdub that was raised in the religion, that went through the 1975 BS, I can relate to what you are saying. I would have liked to have done more with my life but I am now come to terms with what I have accomplished and I am now at peace with myself. I am semi retired and into the entertainment business, something that was frowned upon growing up. I do it because it is enjoyable for me and makes my life have a meaning.

I do not see an end to the WT as they will always bring in new recruits and use the same tired old, "end of the system" scare tactics they have always used. It has worked for them for 140 years and I do not see them changing their tactics any time soon.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

I promise!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit