Movies you are ashamed to admit you HATED!

by gilwarrior 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mulan
    Mulan

I take the advice of my kids, who know me well. They usually see movies first and tell me if I would like them. I am fussy about movies.............they have to end happily or at least not so miserably that I dream about it for days or weeks.

We saw Dances with Wolves with our eldest son and his wife. My son wanted to sit by me so he could tell when to hide my eyes (I have to do that in lots of movies). He had seen it already and wanted me to see it, but knew I would be mad if I saw about three of the more miserable scenes. As a result I loved that movie. I know I would have hated it if I had to see those scenes, and imprint them on my mind.

I usually really hate the "artistic" movies that get all the critical acclaim, but have poor or loose story lines. One I remember was "Woman Under the Influence". That was many years ago, but since then I avoid movies that the critics say are "wonderfully different".

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Lord of The Rings

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I felt bad for hating "Forrest Gump". Everyone else loved it, but I thought the writers missed a lot of good stopping places.

• Angharad
    Angharad

English Patient - the most booooorrrrring 2 hours (maybe more? ) I've ever spent watching something.

Saving Ryan's privates Saving Private Ryan

Titanic

But I loved LOTR !!!!

• Special K
    Special K

Hey Mulan..

Did you see Chicago?.. just wondering what you thought of a 21st century musical?

sincerely

Special K

I haven't liked the last 2-3 Adam Sandler movies.. "punch drunk love".. was horrible.

• Special K
    Special K

I hated.. "gangs of New York"... EWW !

looking back through posts on this one I also

did not like: Forrest Gump,Black Hawkdown, English Patient

Adam Sandlers last couple haven't been much.. Punch Drunk Love was horrible..

What you say?/ Cold Mountain .. not any good.. Guess I won't rent that one then.

I did like. Gladiator, and Titanic.. for all the historical facts. I also might have been transfixed by it because some of the ones that died on the Titanic were buried here in Halifax N.S. there are artifacts here at the museum.. like a deck chair etc.

My most favourite movie this year.. so far.. is SEABISCUIT...

sincerely

Special K

• reboot
    reboot

Simon'll probably kick me off the board...but I HATE StarWars...... and Moulin Rouge...... but LOTR, pure escapism..and one of the classics of english literature; Tolkein was a brilliant scholar.My English master went to uni with him and apparently, he only wrote LOTR to try out the languages he created, Elvish etc...though i'll grant you the Ents looked crap...

• joenobody
    joenobody

"Philadelphia"

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Attack of the Clowns Clones, Gone with the Wind (you have to be born with a vagina to like this movie, IMHO), Remains of the Day

• patio34
    patio34

The Hours

Adaptation

LOTR (part 1 is all I saw)

Moulin Rouge

Something about Mary

Pulp Fiction (only saw about 15 minutes before bailing)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit