Movies you are ashamed to admit you HATED!

by gilwarrior 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

For me I am ashamed to admit that I hated "Black Hawk Down."

Everybody told me that is was this great millitary movie. I know that it was based on real life, but I was so bored I actually walked out of the movie and I don't do it that often.

Also I hated "Gladiator."

I saw the movie when I was in Mexico and after it was over I thought, "What a crappy movie." Next thing I know it wins the Oscar for best picture! Go figure!

"The Blair Witch Project" I thought was cheap home movie that made it big by the marketing campaign that made everybody think it was an actual home movie of a group of college kids who disappeared while checking out a story about a ghost. While I was watching it, it was obvious that this was acting. I felt like a sucker! I don't like being duped.

• Badger
    Badger

As dictonomous as it sounds, great movies aren't for everyone...I hated Titanic, The English Patient, and Mystic River. That's doesn't make them bad movies...I'm not ashamed to hate them...I don't see why people feel that a well-crafted and performed movie that doesn't do it for me is somehow my problem.

Shamus, for instance, hated LOTR...Hey, just not his cup of tea. I doubt he'll deny it was a well-done movie, but he's not someone who goes for that film...Not his fault.

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

I gotta agree with you Black hawk down was crap, blair witch was crap. Although I liked gladiator.

I never could get through charlie's angels, no matter how bubbly and pretty the girls are in it.

• shamus
    shamus

I am pretty opinionated when it comes to movies. Anything that is "hollywood" over done I would not like.

I did like Black Hawk Down, even though it was really hollywood ised.

I hated Titanic. Like one of the worst... Leonardo Dicaprio was terrible, and they made it into this "Love story".

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I hated Titanic. Possibly the worst movie I have ever seen though was Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruz. That was without a doubt the worst script that actually made it into film.

Kansas District Overbeer

• talesin
    talesin

I didn't bother seeing Blackhawk, too much war propaganda lately, I've been ignoring all war movies

but...

hated Titanic and Gladiator (big yawn) Blair Witch gave me a headache

and I'm not ashamed to admit it

and how about the second Star Wars series? Garbage. I loved the first 3, whassup with that?

talesin

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Pulp Fiction really pissed me off. I hated Titanic as well. I mean, the damn boat is sinking, and those damn violin players just continue playing. Give me a break!!!

LOTR I have no interest in as well as Harry Potter. I didn't enjoy The Matrix either.

• shera
    shera

I'm not ashamed to say what I don't like,but all the movies mentioned above,I thought were good.

I dislike the simpson's and many other adult type of cartoons.They get on my nerves so much! Beavis and butthead...the worst ever! muhahahahahaha!!! How do you like me NOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!

• Princess
    Princess

I'm definitely not ashamed, but I hated the English Patient, LOTR and Cold Mountain.

The first two were endless and boring, Cold Mountain makes you sit through endless misery only to have a miserable ending. Horrible. It's only saving grace was Renee Zellweger.

Rachel

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Guess we're all in the same boat, then. Hopefully it's not the Titanic! Nobody wants to go down on a sinking <movie> ship! I hated all the above mentioned movies, but agree with Princess that Renee Zelweger in Cold Mountain was a riotous part. She was just so *real*, funny, and a colorful character.

Guess I like a lot of independant films more. I did see Butterfly Effect, and enjoyed the story, but hated the acting.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit