Animals in the New System

by Bulldog 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bebu
    bebu

I was thinking the other day about the lions in the new system. Everyone wants to pet a nice, tame lion, right?

At first, it would be awesome; after about 1 year, it would become banal. After 3 years, everyone would complain about how lions are always underfoot, and leaving huge lion piles wherever they pleased, rolling in your garden and crushing your plants, sharpening their claws on the new trees... there would be committees for trying to fence out the dang lions, to put them in zoos of sorts. Not just the lions, either... elephants, bears, zebras, leopards, etc. etc.

There would have to be a sign:

Welcome to paradise!! BYOS. (Bring Your Own Shovel.)

bebu

• TD
    TD

The JW's have always been way over the top when it comes to the restoration prophecies. Even if we take them as literally as possible just for the sake of discussion, the only thing that is specifically foretold to cease is predation upon domestic animals --sheep, cattle and goats. Nothing is said about wild forms of prey whatsoever.

The reference to the lion eating "straw" at 11:7 is construed as descriptive of an all vegetarian ecology. Apparently we are dealing with "city boys" here who don't know the difference between straw and hay. No animal can subsist upon straw. Straw is biologically inactive. Further, in order to take this reference literally, the JW's must ignore the additional reference to the serpent eating "dust" at 65:25. If this is literal, what form of vegetarianism would a diet of dust be?

The JW's also ignore other parts of the OT that tend to contradict this Disneyesque picture. For example, when God decides to humble Job with the wonders of His creation, notice two of the things mentioned:

Job 38

"Do you hunt the prey for the lioness and satisfy the hunger of the lions when they crouch in their dens or lie in wait in a thicket?

Job 39

"Does the eagle soar at your command and build his nest on high? He dwells on a cliff and stays there at night; a rocky crag is his stronghold. From there he seeks out his food; his eyes detect it from afar. His young ones feast on blood, and where the slain are, there is he."

In the JW worldview, would God take credit for something he did not do, intend, and/or approve of? The answer here is obvious and it shows that the JW's are not being true even to their own worldview here.

Tom

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

These two cats will not inherit the earth, asyou can see they are fighting for the best spot under the covers.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Like others, I look forward to enjoying more time with animals in the new system of things.

I just hope that monkeys will get over that urge to masturbate when you're trying to take their picture.

***** Rub a Dub

• sebastien
    sebastien

the carnivor animals will feed for years upon the carcasses of the punished and killed at armagedon. this will ween them off of the instinct to "prey", or be predators. then as the years go by and new young lions are hatched, the older lions will have nothing to teach the younger lions, due to years of laziness. animals will still be mortal, so the job of these carnivors will change from hunter to scavenger, cleaning the earth of new dead animals, whales, and birds, not to mention the scores of newly rebelious robots/drones/borgs dying each year by means of "godly" execution.

you seem to forget that these animals will NEVER have to stop eating nutritious meat, its just a matter of evolving from the need to hunt, to that of being fed daily from above. holy! and dont forget how much stinking rotting meat these carnivours will get to feed on at the end of the thousand year reign! half the bloody planet! hahahaha by then lions and such will have developed opposible thumbs, and learn to build freezers so that they can refrigerate all the corpses, stockpiling food for many, many years in case of times when rebelion is rare.

LOVE YOU

• Flash
    Flash

"Look thats us all dead in the background!"

Beans
    Canadian District Overbeer

I think not Beans. I think they'll be very surprised when we're right there with them! Along with all the unbaptized people too!

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

All I know is that I was promised a pet tiger in the new system when I was a wee boy.

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

Hunyadi

That was this guys excuse - no patience, couldn't wait until after Armageddon...

Skip to main content
    altaltaltaltaltaltaltaltaltaltaltaltaltalt
    BBCiCATEGORIESTVRADIOCOMMUNICATEWHERE I LIVEINDEXaltSEARCH altaltaltaltalt
    Low Graphics version | Change editionAbout BBC News | Feedback | Help
    alt WATCH/LISTEN TO BBC NEWS
    News Front Page World altAfrica Americas Asia-Pacific Europe Middle East South Asia UK England Northern Ireland Scotland Wales Business Politics Health Education Science/Nature Technology Entertainment ----------------- Have Your Say Magazine Week at a Glance Country Profiles In Depth Programmes Sport
    Weather
    Newsround
    On This Day LANGUAGES Spanish
    Brasil
    Caribbean
    alt
    Last Updated: Sunday, 5 October, 2003, 15:46 GMT 16:46 UK altalt
    alt E-mail this to a friend alt Printable version
    Tiger found in Harlem flat
    Tiger pet in America About 10,000 tigers are kept privately in the US
    A US police sniper has accomplished a daring operation in an urban housing complex - sedating and removing a 350-pound (160 kg) Bengal tiger from a New York flat.

Police were alerted to go to the flat - in a 21-storey block in the Harlem area after the animal's owner, Antoine Yates, checked into hospital with bites he said were caused by a pit bull.

When they arrived at the scene, they found a three-to-five-foot-long (1-1.5m) caiman alligator as well.

The animals have been temporarily taken to an animal care centre.

Mr Yates was meanwhile arrested in Philadelphia and police said he would be charged with "reckless endangerment".

Commando-style

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said two callers had directed them to the exact address - and they had confirmed the existence of the orange-and-white tiger after cutting a hole through the door.

After evacuating the building, they trained a camera to observe the movement of the animal through a window and policeman Martin Duffy abseiled to the fifth floor with a tranquiliser gun.

altaltThis is an only-in-New-York story alt Raymond Kelly
    Police Commissioner

"I saw him eye to eye, to say the least," Mr Duffy was quoted as saying by the Associated Press news agency. "He charged twice and I shot him."

Police then went into the five-bedroom flat and tied the sedated tiger to a stretcher before carrying it away.

It was then they came across the caiman - and carried it away too.

"This is an only-in-New-York story," Commissioner Kelly said.

Police suspected Mr Yates of having kept the tiger in his flat since it was a cub.

It appears to have been one of an estimated 10,000 tigers kept by private citizens in America - that is more than remain in the wild.

alt E-mail this to a friend alt Printable version
    alt
    alt
    LINKS TO MORE AMERICAS STORIES
    alt

altWATCH AND LISTEN The BBC's Duncan Kennedy
    "No one had seen anything like it"
    alt

alt
    alt
    SEE ALSO: Big cats cause stir in US
    13 Apr 02 | Americas Pledge to save the Sundarbans
    12 May 02 | South Asia Tigers kill 22 in Bangladesh
    03 Apr 02 | South Asia alt
    alt
    RELATED INTERNET LINKS: ASPCA Bengal Tigers The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites alt
    TOP AMERICAS STORIES NOW Haiti peace talks hit stalemate Nader may make White House bid Dozens killed in Brazil bus crash Colombia hostage freedom call alt
    altalt
    altE-mail services | Desktop ticker | Mobiles/PDAs | Headlines for your site
    alt
    alt
    alt
    Back to top ^^
    News Front Page | World | UK | England | Northern Ireland | Scotland | Wales | Politics
    Business | Entertainment | Science/Nature | Technology | Health | Education
    Have Your Say | Magazine | Week at a Glance | Country Profiles | In Depth | Programmes BBCi Homepage >> | BBC Sport >> | BBC Weather >> | BBC World Service >> About BBC News | Help | Feedback | News sources | Privacy | About the BBC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit