Animals in the New System

by Bulldog 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bulldog
    Bulldog

Has there been previous discussions on the nature of animals in the new system? Most people seem to think that the animals will suddenly become completely different than they are today. Lions and tigers will eat hay, not meat, etc, but if you think about animal natures and the perfect system that exists in the animal food chain, it doesn't make sense.

What would a horse be if it had no fear of predators? His entire nature and raison de etre, is a grazing watching, fear based creature. Without that would he still be a horse?

Also, the entire world ecosystem would have to change too.

I can see making the animals so that they wont eat man, but I cant see a complete reworking of creation.

• Flash
    Flash

Hello and welcome,

I don't know if it's been covered here either, but even if it has, it's a good question.
    It's one of many I would get 'looks' for. Like you, I see the food chain remaining as it has always been. Humans lost perfection not the animals. Human society changed not the animal kingdom. Their doing what they've always done and in my opinion will continue to do eternally.

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, it's just not logical.

Re: horses, I've always been of the opinion that they are very emotional animals. One of the few that one can form an extraordinary bond with. Maybe they have fear around us because we can be a threat to them? When a horse knows it's safe with you, it can be very trusting.

What do you think?

talesin

• talesin
    talesin

btw,

W E L C O M E , B U L L D O G !

tal

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have always wondered in the new system if dogs will still try to hump your leg and sniff your crotch ... or maybe those bad habits are just part of this system of things.

***** Rub a Dub

• Funchback
    Funchback

Will the skunks still smell?

What will a boa constricter squeeze?

Will alligators and crocodiles just float around all day?

Will the Red Sox ever win another World Series?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

a valid point funch, which the Failthful and Discreet Slave has looked into.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Life would cease without the gifts of death. Hey that's almost quotable. But seriously the ridiculous idea that the entire ecosystem transformed 6000 years ago counters all we know about life and it's history. 80% of animal species are parasitic, about 15% are predatory. That leaves about 5% of animal life that owes it's existance to only nonanimal sources. Of cource this 5% depends upon the other 95% to sustain the ecosystem so that the plants have what they need. Even plants are carnivorous. Fungus is carnivorous/parasitic. Down to the smallest microscopic life we see predation and parasitism. Animal body plans are what they are for three reasons, to eat others, to avoid being eaten and to make enough offspring so that despite those eaten the species will survive. There is beauty and wonder but there is harsh reality too.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Of course they always quote Isaiah with the lamb laying down with the lion and the lion will eat straw and all that.

That line of reason didn't strengthen my faith, it only made me think that parts of the Bible are ridiculous. Lions are natural born killers. Always have been, always will be (until they are extinct anyway). Unlike humans, they cannot survive on a vegetarian diet.

I can't blame them for wishing for an alternate reality to the one we experience now though, it's just that upon close inspection you realize that hopes for a peaceful animal kingdom are preposterous.

• Flash
    Flash

Scriptures describing carnivorous and domestic animals getting along or eating the same food are figurative of humans getting along with each other, they are an illustration, nothing more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit