Where is Reinhard Lengtat?

by jst2laws 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Sorry for the posting error below.

My wife is reading Crisis of Conscience now. This is good news because I know I will have someone to talk to when I’m caught and DF’d. But in her reading she is recognizing most of the names ( we were there at Bethel during the 70’s as a married couple) and asked what happened to Reinhard Lengtat? All I remember is he seemed to disappear during the 1980 inquisition. He was my next door neighbor and one of my wife’s Entrance School instructors. He was very bright, on the writing staff, and I believe one of the notorius Aid Book developers. I hope by leaving he avoided the bloodletting. Does anyone know what and how he is doing now.

Jst2laws

• somebody
    somebody

Hi jst2laws,

I don't know anything about Reinhard Lengtat, but I just wanted to jump in and say that I'm happy that your wife is reading COC now! It's wonderful that she'll learn the truth, and you will have her to talk to during the rough time you might be heading for. You'll have each other actually. BTW....what will you be Df'd for? Reading the book? One is supposed to be df'd for being an unrepetent sinner. The question is...what is the supposed sin that you'll be df'd for?

peace,
    somebody

• AlanF
    AlanF

Reinhard Lengtat quietly left the JWs in the early 1980s. He lives quietly in the U.S. Pacific Northwest and devotes his life to intense Bible study. Often he meets with other Christians. He doesn't want publicity.

AlanF

• philo
    philo

jst2laws

This link to a letter of Randy Watters' might fill in some of the picture for you. Perhaps you should email Randy your question.

http://www.freeminds.org/history/gbletter.htm

philo

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Philo and AlanF
    Very helpful and appreciated. Alanf, I liked the news and will leave it at that. Like Dunlap, he was quiet and humble, another who does not fit the evil apostate model.

Somebody,

We all know that would be enough. But I'm afraid I have already spoke too much locally and crossed the heirarchy (CO). I have been an elder for 29 years with a variety of responsibilities. I have recently given some talks from the plateform that have caused some to wondering. I will post an update sometime soon. Thanks for your comments.
    jst2laws

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Jst2Laws,

It's good to see a post from you. I've always enjoyed your opinions.

Pat

• Francois
    Francois

Jst2Laws, I'm just posting because I like your handle and wanted to say so, as I agree that there really only two laws that Jesus thought enough of to mention.

ft

• Mulan
    Mulan

We know him well. Very sweet man. Alan is right. He does not want publicity, and keeps a low profile. He has a large circle of friends who are very loyal to him. He traveled over an hour by bus, twice last week, to visit my cousin who was in the hospital, because of a setback in her cancer. He told us on the phone that we all need to stick together in times like this because we have no "church". He has offered to conduct a service for her when she dies, inevitably. We talk to him several times a month, and he is happy and has a good job, owns his home, and is in contact with many like all of us, and enjoys helping new 'outcasts' through the grieving process, so to speak.

• TJ Brother
    TJ Brother

Any news about Reinhard lengtat ? As it currently believes ? What is your position on the watchtower and its teachings ? because he left ?

I'd sure like to read what he has to say. Thanks.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    He is a person who guards his privacy very much. I'm sure this thread is alarming to him as well as the recent inquiry. I believe we should leave this conversation here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit