Does a sex offender deserve another chance for a new life?

by sunshineToo 40 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

OFC, you're a woman after my own heart.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OFC When we meet you will get one of the biggest hugs. Now can I get off the pedestal please before I fall?

5 of the above are already dead - only 3 left

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Lady Lee}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Does a sex offender deserve another chance for a new life?

Thunder ===}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• flower
    flower

Depends on the sexual offense imo. A rapist, I could 'possibly' see giving a second chance depending on the situation. Like it or not, there are a lot of decent men who have the ability to force a woman to have sex. Whether they are drunk, high, angry, immature whatever.. it happens way more often than its reported by way more people than would ever admit it. Some of them are sick bastards, some just bastards who are going through a phase where they think they can have whatever they want, some just made a mistake. Case by case basis.

A child molester...sure they can get a second chance, after they have served their sentence and....after the castration, as someone already mentioned. I dont think there is anything even remotely normal or reformable about a person who is aroused by children.

I like the idea of castration. I think all priests should be castrated right after they take thier vows. They arent supposed to have sex anyway so what do they need sex organs and urges for. Its a painless procedure that can be done chemically. I say castrate the whole lot of them.

Other than castration, I say lock them in the room with the friends and family of thier victims for one hour, if they survive, they get a second chance.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

No..

Even if its acceptable in other countries/cultures for grown men to have sex with children...does it still make it alright? Nope...just because a girl is maturing phyically does not mean she is ready mentally...that post really made me sick.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

A great many child brides in other countries are scared stiff when they get married. Even if it is part of their culture they are just not ready for it, but they are forced to do as their parents decree. I suppose a whole new argument could start on whether it constitutes exploiting a child or exploiting women, or both.

As for sex offenders, I have no patience or mercy for them. There was an article in our local paper (Dallas) today about a group of juvenile sex offenders (17-20) who are being "supervised" in an apartment complex that is ACROSS THE STREET FROM AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. One of the reasons they ended up there is because the neighborhood is primarily Hispanic so very few people knew enough English to complain. I'm glad at least one reporter saw the story in that, and I hope it brings about a change.

Nina

• Farkel
    Farkel

little toe,

Boy! You and I have had our ups and downs, havent' we?

You said:

: (if they repeat offend, after that, chop their hands off. Waddayaknow, the Middle East may have something right!)

Perhaps you are right. I just don't know. What if they did what they did because of some gene misfiring or some chemical in their brain began misfiring and they had no idea that what they did was heinous?

To set your mind at rest, little toe: I am more conservative than Ronald Reagan ever was, but I question everything. Besides, I saw you wearing a dress! It was most.....oh, nevermind!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LOL @ Farkel

Glad to see you around, Doug. Keep on keeping on, and don't let the b*st*rds get you down!!!

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Yes, of course. Give them a chance to enjoy the afterlife.

cheeses - who doesn't always see the good side of people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit