hello everyone

by itsallgoodnow 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

My first post here - - wanted to give my story, too. Raised a JW, stayed in out of fear, painted myself into a corner and currently struggling to get out completely. I know lots of people would say they don't respect someone who knows they don't want to stay but is staying for other reasons, like family & friends or whatever. I can understand that, but for me, just having the freedom to think about whether WTS claims are true or not is a big step to take. Surprised by what I've already found out, and I've been forced to realize mistakes I've made because of not listening to my inner voice and spending my life trying to please everyone around me, which is how I painted myself into this corner in the first place!

Family is the real problem for me and I'm trying to sort out whether I want to say something about not believing anymore, or if I just want to slowly "fall away". Faking it through meetings has been real hard lately, and I can't keep doing it, so something has got to change. But I still want to do more research before I talk to anyone about what I don't agree with, because I want to be far away from that "fence" by that time so I don't fall for the fear and guilt trips again.

I don't feel guilty about anything now, which is a nice change and I'm finding out the scary stuff about the world was all lies.

Also, all the stuff I've read here on this forum has really helped, because I've haven't had anyone to talk to honestly about any of this, so thanks to all of you.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    I know lots of people would say they don't respect someone who knows they don't want to stay but is staying for other reasons, like family & friends or whatever.

I would greatly respect someone who done that, I tried but couldn't do it. Wecome to the board!

• Sassy
    Sassy

Welcome to the board itsallgoodnow! There are others who feel exactly the same way you do here. Stay around and get to know us. Don't ever feel bad about choices you make in life if you do them with open eyes and prioritze what you want to do. There are many here who still attend meetings even if they no longer believe. No one disrespects them for it.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello 'Goodnow!

Welcome to our forum - MANY of us have been in the exact same predicament as you find yourself....through no fault of your own.

"There IS light at the end of the tunnel" - and no, it's not "New Light." It's just being free.

Free to read, talk, think & learn what you want. Not bad, eh?

waiting

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome Goodie,

Glad you are here. As you have already eluded to, there is wisdom within you that will gently guide if you listen. Be true to you, and all will work out.

j

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Glad to have you here.

cj

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to JWD, itsallgoodnow! Know yer gonna lurv it here!

Frannie B

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome itsallgoodnow!!!!!

Wow, you got a handle on this way better than I ever did! I'm still having a little problem now and then about the guilt thing. You sound like you're gonna fit right in! I look forward to your posts.

Strawberryfieldsforever

• franklin J
    franklin J

Hi goodnow

welcome to the forum

frank

• Golf
    Golf

Goodnow, greetings and welcome. As your aware, you can express yourself on this forum and be treated with understanding and respect. We have plenty of experienced 'elders' M & Female that can provide practical suggestions. It's wise to move at the pace that makes you feel comfortable. The best to you.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit