Lurkers! Is the WTS a Tax Cheat and Deadbeat?

by metatron 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• franklin J
    franklin J

GO! Metatron GO!

give 'em hell!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I got it off the watchtower observer site and it had the actual ad. No time to get it now but look under JWs and money

gotta run to dr bye

• jimbob
    jimbob

It's funny how they mention their "human rights" have been violated. But I guess shunning and getting even your own family members to treat you like you're dead isn't violating human rights. Oh, I forgot what a loving organization this is......

• shotgun
    shotgun

I was moved by their bold statements...I think I might even cry * snif * Vive la France

Jehovah's Witnesses in France will challenge this gross act of
    religious discrimination. They will do this not only to avoid unjust
    and oppressive tax but also to avoid all tax and help assure that all French people enjoy
    freedom fries of religion. With Jehovah's blessing once again they will have taxfree croissants and red wine at every dinner table in France's Bethel...Amen
  • shamus
    shamus

Where are all the apologists when these threads get started?

With they're heads up they're asses, of course.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Thanks for posting this Lady Lee. I wasn't aware that the witnesses were the third largest Christian religion in France.

Looking at the figures for the assessment, they don't quite add up to me though. A 4 year assesment of $50,000,000 at 60% means the gross donations were $83,333,333. With a donating base of 200,000 parishioners this works out to $415 per witness over 4 years, or a little over $100 per witness per year. This incredibly low figure either means French witnesses are real tightwads, or the french head office is not claiming all the donations received.

• metatron
    metatron

I can't remember all the math but I think one estimate was actually lower - like $60 a year.

I go with the tightwad theory. The nifty thing is: even a moderate tax or increase in expenses could really

hit the Watchtower Society very hard. Hence, the loss of subscriptions in the US and printing of paperback books

to save money.

metatron

• undercover
    undercover

I'm not an apologist, but let's be fair. Putting aside that the WTS is what it is, why is only one religion being forced to pay taxes? Why not all of them? There was nothing wrong with the letter published in the Times as far as I'm concerned. Any company/religion/organization that feels that it's being mistreated would do the same. The WTS is dragging it out through the court system. I don't have a problem with someone using the court system as it's designed.

What's really important now, though, is that when they lose their last appeal, or whatever, will they pay what's due as required by the French Government? Will they, in fact, pay Caeser's things to Caeser? If they balk at that time or try to wiggle their way out of it, then it's time to sit up and take notice.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Wasnt there some article somewhere about them moving their printing operations out of France to another country? Seems like I remember seeing one somewhere...

CG

• metatron
    metatron

1) The Watchtower took the case all the way to the court of Versailles and lost. That's the highest court in France

2) THEY WROTE THE AWAKE ARTICLE on paying taxes! Read it and witness hypocrisy.

3) The courts criticised them for failing to handle the case competently and not seeking the proper classification

under French law years ago - they screwed up big time.

4) Some big differences with other religions in France are that Witnesses refuse blood transfusions for minors,

threaten to df anyone who votes, and disassociate anyone who joins the military. After doing these things

- and refusing to change or ALLOW INDIVIDUAL CONSCIENCE IN THEIR MEMBERSHIP, the Watchtower

expects to get off tax free. In addition, they deliberately lied to the European Commission on Human Rights

about their internal practises such as blood transfusions being "without sanction" by the organization.

metatron ( any apologists care to answer why they are deadbeats?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit