Study gone bad

by galaxy7 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    What was the purple triangle documentary?

I can't remember. I fell asleep halfway through it. It was pretty boring.

• abbagail
    abbagail

I'm so sorry the 'rejection' is stinging so much (had a b/f for a long time who would 'silence me' when I challenged him on things, so even though it's not the same circumstances, I CAN relate to the FEELING, grrrrrrrr). That aside, what a complete and total COWARD of a bible-study-conductor you obviously had. I mean really. One comment of TRUTH and she/he cuts you off. I'm sure the 'rejection phone call' caught you by surprise, and hindsight is 20/20, but if you really wanted to study (for whatever reason, peace at home, etc.), I would've asked for someone ELSE to continue the study with. Don't let them make you feel bad (at least not for long). Call an elder and say you do not appreciate the lack of 'perserverence' (sp?) of the study conductor.

The JWs have not knocked, but BANGED on my glass door several times in about 2 months. I didn't know it was them until it was too late, because their BANGING on the glass startled me so bad I couldn't even move for several minutes until my adrenaline leveled out, and then they were gone. (I even have a 'disabled' sticker on my front door so people won't BANG on the glass door and scare me to death, and to let people know it may take me a few minutes to reach the door). Next time they do that I am going to raise hades at 'em.

The ONLY way I would EVER even CONSIDER going back would be STRICTLY as a "Silentlambs Undercover Agent" to see what's going on locally; and even then, I can't imagine me keeping my mouth shut long enough to 'jump through their hoops' to be 'approved' for 're-entry' to their ORG.

Give yourself a big HUG, and like the others said above, the JWs 'showed their colors' right up front with you and I seriously doubt Jesus is going to look kindly upon them for that. Take comfort in that thought.
    Peace, Grits

• franklin J
    franklin J

Galaxy,

I am sorry to hear that they ( our JW friends) have caused friction between you and your husband. They do excel at causing divisions in families.

However, this was a blessing in disguise for you; for you can see early on what is behind their facade.

regards,

Frank

• Special K
    Special K

Wow Galaxy..

Flying High started a thread on Females having the POwer...check that one out....

You GO GIRL.. You have the Power!!!.... They all ran away.

Sorry your husband isn't convinced .... hang tight and continue to be yourself.

sincerely

Special K

• willyloman
    willyloman
    When my JW family members start saying things like that, I always challenge them: If it is "all lies", why isn't the WTS taking on the media organizations and suing them for libel? Surely, if the reports are false the WTS stands to win a huge monetary settlement - and wouldn't Jehovah Give Them the Victory Against His Enemies??? Are they afraid that if they do, it will be determined that the accounts are true? Are they afraid of more negative publicity? If it is The Truth?, why are they so afraid of totally open and public scrutiny?

We should all memorize this. Someone should save these these gems from the forum and publish the Official JWD Reasoning Book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit