Do on-line dating services really work?

by logansrun 53 Replies latest social relationships

• Sassy
    Sassy

Trouble is you can meet liars in the grocery store... even through people you know...

hey.. at the KH lol..

the internet is just another avenue of meeting people..

we all need to use our smarts no matter what means we use to meet people when do we meet them...

and if you are not looking for a relationship.. be honest..

but beware.. there are players out there.. but for every three players there is a sincere person with sincere feelings.. don't play. we are better than that..

hell .. when I first got out and thought I am going to have some fun.. I don't want a relationship.. I basically let them know that.. that way if I was just wanting to have a sexual experience I didn't set a guy up who was looking for more..

• franklin J
    franklin J

gee Bradley,

has it ever worked for you on this forum?

• Robdar
    Robdar

I belong to Yahoo and Emode personals. Yes, they do work--it's sorta like a big cyber bar.

I have had a profile on Yahoo since mid may. I have had close to 200 "Ice breakers" and just about 500 responses to my profile. Of all these, I have only met about 10 of the guys. Yes, you do get laid, if that is what you want.

The only problem with Yahoo is that now you have to have a paid subscription in order to answer the people who contact you. Last year it was different in that if you were not a subscriber you could still answer anybody who contacted you although you could not initiate contact yourself.

There are a lot of really strange people out there. It is no wonder that some of them are single. I have talked to quite a few who have some sort of addiction--mostly alcohol. The last guy that I dated was very dominating and I found out that he had done jail time for improperly touching an 8 year old. It certainly explained a few things about him that I couldn't figure out. It never hurts to do a back ground check on the people that you may consider dating. I wish I had.

All I can say is be careful. Many on line are not as wonderful as they protray themselves to be.

Robyn

• logansrun
    logansrun

Thanks for the many responses so far. I think I'll have to give it a better shot. I guess I will need to have a paragraph about me. How does this sound:

I'M HORNY. I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.I'M HORNY.

???

hehe...j/k

Bradley

• Sassy
    Sassy

LOL..

you will probably get replies asking if you have pictures to prove it..

• Valis
    Valis
    There are a lot of really strange people out there.

I resemble that remark!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I resemble that remark!

This is true. But you are cool strange.....

• Sassy
    Sassy

or he is strangely cool............

• yxl1
    yxl1
    Does this mean the same thing as "putting out" in the US?

Thats right

• talesin
    talesin

About 7 years ago, I called a newspaper ad. Talked to the guy on the phone three times, just enough to decide if we wanted to meet.

We met at a coffee shop.

From the moment he walked in, it was obvious that he had lied about his looks (why bother? the truth will out!), then over coffee he started telling me about his recent break-up with a 17 year-old (he was 31).

I don't him he was imo a pedo, and said SEE YA!

Never again. It's just not my cup of tea, so to speak. There's lotsa potential mates in RL (imho).

If you wanna try it, just don't have high (or any) expectations, have fun and above all, be safe.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit