Okay... How many of you ski or snowboard?

by shamus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

So she had something against Poles? Hmm.........wonder if Czechs bother her, too?

• shamus
    shamus

Wow! NIce pictures, Guys!

Sally, that's a cool piccie you have there with your ex! Very nice area...

I live in the rockies, so if I want to ski I just go out my door up the hill.

It's nice to see that others here ski and board too! Any way you get down the mountain is fine with me, be it snowboarding, skiing, or whatever. It's just fun!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Sally, my husband and in-laws MADE me take lessons. I HATED IT! I was the only adult in a group of 7th graders. Since I'm very petite and all bundled up in ski clothes, one of the girls asked me which school I went to. I said, "I went to school before you were born. I'm old enough to be your mother." They all thought that was pretty funny! Either way, those little youngsters got me out of my bad mood and were actually the inspiration for keeping me going on those slopes. FINALLY - about two hours into class, something clicked. Before I know it, I'm swooshing down blues by the end of the day. Neil says I'm a natural. I say I'm hooked!

• bisous
    bisous

I just tried skiing this winter and loved it.

Took the granny approach (although I'm not one, I felt like one at first out there)...and had lessons since I had never been near a ski. The instructor had been teaching for 26 years. I liked it so much after the 1st day (Weds) I drove back up on Saturday and spent the full day practicing.

I hope to go again once or twice in February and test out a real, but very easy slope.

You CAN teach an old dog new tricks!

• pc
    pc

We love to ski. We're heading out West tonight to ski at Snowbird in Utah. It's a great family sport. PC

• shamus
    shamus

Any body cross country ski?

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

I sleighride .... weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

then i drink.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Shamus....................Canadian Rockies? Or what state......................never know if they have super saver fliers you know.

• shamus
    shamus

SS,

I live right beside Mount Robson.. the highest peak in the Rockies. It's pretty cool here! Nice place to visit, but not a nice place to live, LOL!

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

teeeheee, these are in my area:

closer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit